Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
drewcipher

Norton 360 v3 Startup Manager

I ran the diagnostics and it came up with a number of programs I could disable or delay.  I chose to delay them.  First, how long is the delay supposed to be? as it doesn't appear to delay at all.  Second, the help file says that I can specify the delay time for these programs.  I can find now way to do this in the program.  Neither could tech support.

Any ideas?

Drew

Symantec Employee
anubhav_savant

Re: Norton 360 v3 Startup Manager

We currently don't have an option for users to change the delay. I think it's internally set to 5 min. Thanks for pointing out the error in help file. We will correct it.

When you say "it does not appear to delay at all", can you clarify? Do you still see your startup programs starting right after you log in?

drewcipher

Yes, I see all programs start as normal.  It does not appear to delay at all.
Symantec Employee
anubhav_savant

Once you delay the programs, can you verify that you don't see them through MSConfig?

Also, does disabling works?

drewcipher

Well, I am not sure why, but I went back to msconfig and enabled everything there.  Symantec tech support had disable everything but Norton 360, although it all started anyway.  This morning it worked.  It did seem to be about a 5 minute delay.  I do wish you could specify the delay time, especially if you could do it by program, but for now, I will consider this solved.
Visitor
mohanakrishnan

Norton 360 v3 Startup Manager

Hi , Iam Using N 360 3.0 ;

And the Startup manager works well and it starts the programs with delay correctly ;

We cant change the time of delay ;

It is default , Around 3 to 5 minutes .

Thanks MK