Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
Quackberg

Norton 360 won't install!

Hello!

I'm new to this forum but I have a problem which I don't know the answer to. When I'm trying to install Norton 360, after getting/ using N360Downloader from my account an error occurs when I'm trying to install it. I also tried the trial version which gets the same error.

The error message reads (translated from Swedish): "N360 can't be installed in compatibility mode. Close this window and launch the installer in normal mode". I'm pretty sure I'm running my computer on normal mode as I start it as you normally do. 

I click on support and the support message on Norton's website says this: Error: "A previous installation or uninstallation is complete, but the computer was not restarted ..." appears when installing a Norton 2009 program

This isn't the error I got, but I tried use the help that was there - it didn't help.

So do anyone know the problem and how to fix it?

Much appreciated!

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,795
Solutions: 776

Re: Norton 360 won't install!

Hi Quackberg,

Is the operating system Windows Vista?  If so, you will minimally need to have Service Pack 1 installed (and preferably Service Pack 2) before Norton can be installed.

Visitor
Quackberg

Yes, I have vista on my computer which I recently reinstalled but I will try to install the service packs and see what happens.

Thanks for the help =)

Visitor
BardC

"N360 can't be installed in compatibility mode. Close this window and launch the installer in normal mode",

This is another confusing issue with 2013 , when you have Vista or XP without SP1

before with 2012 it would say that your operating system is not compatible , so there would be no misunderstandings

RameezRaja
Kudos: 0
Solutions: 0

Hi Quackberg,

Right click on Norton 360 Downloader and uncheck option (Run this program in compatibility mode for  ) and try to install Norton