Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
ST4T1C
Accepted Solution

Norton 360 won't start.

Hi dear developers, readers.

I bought the product 6 days ago and was away from home at this time. When I came back I wanted to scan my PC but norton simply won't start.

Then I wanted to update via online and it says to me:

No Norton product was found...

We're sorry, but we were unable to find a Norton product on your computer.

You can purchase a Norton product by visiting our online store at http://buy.norton.com
OR
You can manually select your product by clicking here.

I bought Norton 360 for 3 PC's and for both of my parents works perfectly, Both of them use laptop, one with Vista, 1 with Win 7. I have Win 7 too but I have PC. My gadget disappeared too. When I wanted to place it back it shows near the gadgets but just don't load after even 5 hours..

Lastly, sorry for my bad grammar, as you see I am not native english speaker.

Every help will be appreciated.

With respect: ST4T1C

huwyngr
Topics: 1,000
Kudos: 2,713
Solutions: 368

Re: Norton 360 won't start.

ST4

What security product did you have on each PC before you bought and installed N360? Did you uninstall it before you installed? What did you buy -- a CD or an online download and if the latter from where.

To get you the best advice, would you give us some more information about your system:

What version of Windows are you using including Service Packs and whether 32 bit or 64 bit as well as the Name and Version ID of the Norton product that you are using -- Help / About is where that is, in the format of nn.nn.nn.nnn

If you get any error messages please give the exact wording of them as well as any other background that could be helpful.

Hugh
Visitor
ST4T1C

We all had Norton Internet Security 2010. Yes, I uninstalled totally. When I installed Norton 360, NIS was uninstalled. I bought a CD. But I didn't installed from the CD. I never put into my PC. I just used the serial key.

I have Win7  simple, home premium, 64 bit.

I use Norton 360 and version is 4.3.0.5

That's all. No error, no any other things, just don't start.

One more thing. I have downloaded Norton Power Eraser (before I posted here) as I saw in other thread that could help me but  the problem still exists.

I'm sorry about the lack of information but didn't knew what I need to write down.

With respect, ST4T1C.

Volunteer
yogesh_mohan

Visitor
ST4T1C

Hi Yogesh.

Looks like my problem is solved. Everything I did I uninstalled and reinstalled my norton. I restart 3 times my PC and norton works perfectly.

Thank you very much!

My highest regards.

shannons
Topics: 50
Kudos: 115
Solutions: 8

Re: Norton 360 v5 problems