Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
caza

Norton 360 wont load!! "will not install in compatibility mode"

I have the up to 3 pc's norton 360 disc. Has already been succesfully loaded onto first computer...

With my computer, I have uninstalled all old norton software as instructed.

Put in disc, install n360 pops up, disc seems to load then comes up with the message" N360 will not install in compatibility mode. close this window and restart the installer in normal mode."   what does this mean?

can anyone help?!!

yank
Kudos: 2,240
Solutions: 511

Re: Norton 360 wont load!! "will not install in compatibility mode"

caza wrote:

I have the up to 3 pc's norton 360 disc. Has already been succesfully loaded onto first computer...

With my computer, I have uninstalled all old norton software as instructed.

Put in disc, install n360 pops up, disc seems to load then comes up with the message" N360 will not install in compatibility mode. close this window and restart the installer in normal mode."   what does this mean?

can anyone help?!!

Hi caza,

Are you running Win 7 Ultimate?  It has an XP Compatibilty Mode used to be able to run older programs.  It sounds like you might be in that mode.  I am not familiar enough with the comptability mode to tell you how to get back to Normal Mode.  Hopefully someone else will come along who can tell you if you can't figure it out.

caza

no im on vista

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,845
Solutions: 779

caza wrote:

no im on vista

Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2 installed?  Service Pack 1 is a minimum requirement for Norton and you can get this error if you have not installed the service pack.

denmon

just got norton 360 try to install on my laptop and i have the same problem you do and i am running vista could use some help

peterweb
Kudos: 1,456
Solutions: 364

What service pack do you have for Vista? As SendOfJive notes you need at least SP1.

Make sure you are trying to install from a Windows account with Administrator priviliges.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
denmon

thank i will looking to it and get back soon with a answer

Symantec Employee
HarryP

Can you provide a screenshot of this error? You can find the information on service pack by right-click on Computer > Properties.

Thanks,

HarryP