06-01-2012 05:59 AM
Recently installed 360V6 and noticed my laptop awake even after placing it to sleep. Took me a while to confirm it was 360v6, but now I know that when I disable auto protect and smart firewall it doesn't happen. Is there a setting or a fix which will prevent my Norton 360 from waking my laptop from sleep mode?
06-01-2012 08:16 AM - edited 06-01-2012 08:17 AM
First we want to see exactly what is causing the computer to wake up. If it is Norton, we need to know what part of the program is causing this (firewall, scanner, etc...)
It is possible that Norton (or another program) has tasks scheduled to complete. For example, some people create a task that has Windows wake itself up and trigger Norton to perform a system scan when they are away.
So try this:
- Put your computer to sleep.
- Wait until it wakes itself up, as you described.
- Go to "Start" then select "Run."
- Type in "CMD" - You should then see a black window with some white writing about Microsoft copyrights.
- In this window, type in: powercfg -lastwake
- Let us know what it tells you.