07-22-2012 02:53 PM
I am running Norton Security Suite 126.96.36.199 on a Windows XP Professional sp3 operating system. I cannot upgrade to another product because my computer is old and slow. I have Outlook Express as my e-mail client, 2004. When I close out my Outlook Express, or do a restart, my norton anti-spam option is gone. Also, my safe web search has disappeared, on Firefox 188.8.131.5288, also the highest version I can upgrade to without slowing my computer down so much. It was there, then it went away, all in the past week. It does work, however, with my Chrome Browser. Any help would be greatly appreciate.
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-23-2012 01:22 AM
for the Outlook problem please try this:
1. Close Outlook Express
2. Open Norton Security Suite
3. Go to Settings -> AntiSpam
4. Click on the Client Integration tab
5. Disable the integration for Outlook Express
6. Save the settings by clicking on Apply
7. Reopen Outlook Express (it should not load any Norton component)
8. After Outlook is fully opened and finished every processs (eg. downloading mails), close it again
9. Turn Clien Integration for Outlook Express back
10. Save the Norton settings, and close it
11. Open OE again, and check the Norton plugins.
For the Firefox issue: Unfortunately old versions are not supported. Only Firefox 12+ versions are supported by the current toolbar version.
Please let us know how it goes with your OE issue.
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 Hungarian, Norton 360 v184.108.40.206, Norton Utilities 16
08-09-2012 07:24 AM
I am having the same problem again. I keep trying the fix I did before and it isn't working. I keep having to do it over and over since it started happening, and now I can't get to work at all. Please help!!!
08-09-2012 09:35 AM
This is a known issue and there is an easy fix. Please see this article for the steps to take: