Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Contributor
Nanaha

Norton Remove & Reinstall

Downloaded the Norton Remove and Reinstall to my Desktop.  But when I clicked on it it stays on the same thing for 10 min. "Checking for updates"  so I canceled out of it. Wouldn't I be better of to just use the NRT and then Download v6.0 ? Currently I have 5.0

Any suggestions ?

Windows 7 by 64 IE 9

Thanks,

NanaHA

Regular Contributor
fjk1

Re: Norton Remove & Reinstall

hi nanaha if you open norton 360 version 5 on the right top of main window and click on support drop down box opens and click check for new versions norton will download the new version and take care of uninstalling it and reinstall version 6 dont forget to back up identity safe and when norton asks you to save setting click yes ,i had no problems doing this and everything works fine and long as you subscription is valid

Regular Contributor
Nanaha

Thank you for the reply, but I'm not sure if I will do this. Last Year I read here on the boards peoples had problems with this. Let you know what I did though and how it turned out. Glad you had no problems with it. My license are good till Nov. and every thing is backed up.

Thanks,

NanaHA

Regular Contributor
Nanaha

Every thing went great. No problems and every thing is working fine.:smileyhappy:

Used the NRT tool and then downloaded 6.0. I felt saver this way, since the Norton remove and reinstall tool did not work for me.

NanaHa

Regular Contributor
fjk1

glad it worked out for you,and a happy face to (boot)  ha ha