Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Dan7777
Accepted Solution

Norton Tool Bar with Identity Safe disappeared

Any fix for this?  I had 2-3 tool bars on IE.  After an update to Windows 7 on my HP PC the Norton toolbar disappeared.  Does anyone know how to get it back?  The Norton program has a feature that remembers and populates passwords.  That was a very nice feature.

SusieAdams

Re: Norton Tool Bar with Identity Safe disappeared

Mine disappeared also, I think they may have to be working on it to fix the facebook "fraud" issue norton is having...the prob is with nortons toolbar
Posted from Facebook
Symantec Employee
prasanna_a

Hi Dan,

I assume that you are using IE 9 since you have Win 7 udpated.

Can you please just check if the toolbar is enabled from the IE settings? Just right click on  the menu and you could see list of Toolbar for IE, in that please check if "Norton Toolbar" is selected. If that's not selected, please select it and that it would make the Norton Toolbar appear again.

Please check in the other browsers like FF or Chrome too(Only if you have them installed)

Let us know if that doesn't work out for you. Please let us know your product version details(you can get this from Main UI->Help->About) and also please let us know if you have any other browsers where our Toolbar is enabled and not enabled only in IE.

Regards,

Prasanna

Dan7777

Fixed.  Thanks Prasanna!

Visitor
Waraglen

I have a problem where the Identity Safe dropdown menu only appears on one of the web pages registered in Identity Safe. It won't appear on others, even if I select a page from the menu on the page where I can see it. The Norton menu and SafeWeb menus are visible on all websites.

Symantec Employee
prasanna_a

Hi Waraglen,

I assume you use N360 5.0.

Identity safe drop down mean in the sense you mean to the pull down menu which appears on the Identity Safe icon on the Norton Toolbar? It normally has Options,Logout Of Identiy safe, All logins etc in its pull down list.

Can you please let us know some more details about your issue? Do you see this specific to any browsers?

Regards,

Prasanna.

Visitor
Waraglen

Hi Prasanna,

Thanks for your reply (and sorry for my confusing description) but I have found that all my toolbars in IE9 are screwed up since a security update was installed yesterday. Most toobars don't work as they should. I could only find one of my regularly visited web pages where the Norton toolbar appeared normal and functioned properly.

I have now installed Firefox where everything is working fine including the Norton 360 toolbar.

I case anyone else has trouble, the IE9 update was: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista (KB2586448)

Best Regards,

Waraglen