Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
Agilson

Norton blocking my email?

This morning I realized my outloox express email was not recieving messages (very crucial as customer approvals are sent via email).  I get the following message when I hit the send/recieve icon:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.charterinternet.com', Server: 'pop.charterinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I can send email. I contacted charter and they had me do some stuff and then said this was a norton firewall issue and norton was blocking my incoming emails. I dsable the firewall, still no emails (I test sent some from my personal internet email acct).

Charter provided me with a tech support phone number and I then call the number. That was at 10:50 am this morning, it is now 1:23 pm.....I am STILL on hold waiting for the next available person.....

Can anyone help with this issue?

Visitor
Agilson

Re: Norton blocking my email?

1:48 and still on hold, does anyone know a more reliable way to get in touch with tech support?

Super Spam Squasher
boneidle

Check that your mails are not going to the 'Junk Folder' or the 'Norton AntiSpam' folder if you have one.

Look in :

Norton window  --  Settings  --  AntiSpam

Are there any settings there that could help you.

i.e.

I.e.   'Block emails from anyone not in your Allowed List' switched on ?

Check the setting for 'How Strict should Norton Antispam be'.

floplot
Topics: 210
Kudos: 2,021
Solutions: 361

Hello Agilson

Are you asking about Charter tech support of Norton Tech Support?

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.