Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
mintcondition

Re: Norton update not working

All input is welcome Guru so you aren't interrupting!  How would I run a manual patch?  I see from one of the posts above that I would need to request it which I will do later from home.  Any tips?  Never had to do any of this in three years of running Norton on my old computer; now all of a sudden I've had nothing but problems with this latest version (on a new computer) and it seems many other folks are dealing with these same issues as well.

yank
Kudos: 2,234
Solutions: 511

mintcondition wrote:

All input is welcome Guru so you aren't interrupting!  How would I run a manual patch?

You would run a manual LiveUpdate in order to obtaint he Patch - but since you say your LU does nto work - I guess that would of the questlon.

I see from one of the posts above that I would need to request it which I will do later from home.  Any tips?

Tony sent me the following along with the link when I requested it:

This is not just a patch, it is the full version of the product. It will uninstall your current version, and install version 20.3 on your system. If you experience any issues with 20.3, please report them directly to the forum, and include the product version number.

Never had to do any of this in three years of running Norton on my old computer; now all of a sudden I've had nothing but problems with this latest version (on a new computer) and it seems many other folks are dealing with these same issues as well.

Are you by chance running Win 8?  Others have said they havenot received the LU for 20.3 on win 8 yet - buthave on their win 7 systems.

Contributor
mintcondition

Yes, this is a new computer (have had it for 1.5 months) and it came with Windows 8.  Going to contact Tony as directed a few posts back and see if I can get this frustrating problem fixed.  Thanks Guru.

Contributor
mintcondition

OK now I'm pulling my hair out - uninstalled 360 but no reinstall icon

I am about ready to beat my head against the wall!  I posted in another thread about live update not working.  Tonight I get an error message 8504 104 and was directed to open the support website which I did.  Support couldn't fix the problem and directed me to uninstall 360 and said it would place an icon on my desktop after the uninstall so I could reinstall.  After computer restarted after the uninstall, there was a message that said Symantec was unavailable due to maintenance, and no icon was placed on my desktop to reinstall 360!  Where do I go now to reinstall 360 (which I purchased only about two weeks ago).  I need to reinstall 360 pronto but I don't know where to find it.  This is incredibly frustrating!

huwyngr
Topics: 1,038
Kudos: 2,853
Solutions: 378

Re: OK now I'm pulling my hair out - uninstalled 360 but no reinstall icon

Sorry about the problem --

Two ways you can download to install:

1 -- Go to your MyNortonAccount and log in using your email address and password and then locate the entry for your product and click on the DOWNLOAD button .... This will download and install the current downloadable version of your specific product so in Norton 360 it will give you the same Standard or Premier that you bought and activated. It will download the 2013 / V20 version (they jumped from V6 to V20 to get in line with the other products) and note that it will do this even if you bought and had installed the 2012 / V6 version.

2 -- If you tell us whether you had Standard or Premier (2GB or 25GB of free online storage) and whether you want to get 2012 / V6 or 2013 / V20 we can give you a link to download a single installation file for that product.

Hope that makes sense .... Did you have any other brand of security application installed when you first went to install N360, or since?

Hugh
Contributor
mintcondition

Re: OK now I'm pulling my hair out - uninstalled 360 but no reinstall icon

Thank you Hugh.  I thought if I signed into my account and downloaded that I would use up another one of my 3 installs  so I didn't try it.  The version I bought was 360 Premier the 2013 version I believe (since I just purchased two weeks ago, I assume that's the version).  I had Norton 360 regular version prior to this, which was actually the remainder of what was left of my last subscription.  I just got this computer recently and installed what was left of the old subscription which then expired on 2/13.  That's when I purchased 360 Premier.  If you could provide me a link I would be most grateful! 

peterweb
Kudos: 1,449
Solutions: 360

Please let us know if the new patch fixes your issues.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Contributor
mintcondition

Update on my problem:  I posted another thread above about this.  Yesterday, while waiting to hear about the patch, while I was on my computr a Norton box popped up (suddenly out of nowhere) and indicated I had an error 8504.  It directed me to Support which could not fix the error.  I was then directed to uninstall 360 and I would be able to reinstall via an icon that would be placed on the desktop.  So I went ahead with the uninstall, the computer shut down and restarted, and then a screen appeared that said Norton was under maintenance and not available or something like that.  And no icon on my desktop to reinstall 360.  So now I don't have 360 at all.  As I said, I posted in another thread and Hugh responded last night and said he would post a link.  I wasn't sure whether I should sign into my account and download another copy of 360 because I shouldn't have to use another one of my 3 installs.  I must say I find Norton to be very confusing the way it's set up.  I mean, why did I suddenly get that error message out of nowhere?  The one thing I didn't do and will do later when I am at home again is shut down again and reboot, although after the uninstall, the computer automatically did that.  I'll give it a try though. I appreciate the help that you all have offered, but really not happy with Norton right now after spending $100 and having it fail after only two weeks of use. 

yank
Kudos: 2,234
Solutions: 511

Hi mintcondition,

I have asked a moderator to merge your other post and all reposnses into this thread in order to keep all the information in one location - much easier to assist with just one thread.

I beleive the easiest way for you to go forward from here would be to open your Norton account as Hugh explained and click ont he Yellow download button to install your N 360 Premiere.  This should not use another license.  The download button shuold download, install and activate your N 360 using the same license you had on the system prior.  If you lose a license in the process it is easily fixed by contacting Live chat, explain the situation to them and they should be able to free up an activation.

Live chat- www.norton.com/chat

Let us know hwo you get on.

Contributor
mintcondition

I will go ahead and do that then this evening.  Thanks for merging the two threads, good idea.  So much going on; good to have it all in one place.  Thank you for your help!  I will come back and report when I get things up and running again (fingers crossed).