09-11-2008 01:42 AM
I hope that we can export / import all the settings ... including the firewall set
Will allow us to facilitate the setting will be transferred to another computer
09-11-2008 03:06 AM
Can this thread be merged with:
Which is full of suggestions already?
To reiterate mine:
- Much better file selector! At the moment, it is far to cumbersome to select or deselect files that you want to be included in a backup. Currently, to deslect a folder, you have to manually and painstakingly deselect every file under that folder by browsing all the directory trees, this is not on! you should be able to deselect an entire folder and have that apply to all sub folders and files under it. Same for selecting which ones you do want backed up.
- Perhaps move the file search somewhere other than when you launch the manage interface, at the moment it makes the interface slow and cumbersome to use, increases cpu usage to 100% (maybe a bug?) and just generally feels unresponsive, this is because it searches for files to backup when you load this interface. Maybe this could become a scheduled task?
- Full drive backup. Maybe this encroaches on Norton Ghost too much (Yes, I know you're a company, you're allowed to make money :P) but given that it's a "360" product, I don't feel that protected in the event of a hard drive loss, as I'd have to reinstall the operating system again etc. It'd be nice to be able to do a full drive backup, with no other features from Ghost. At the moment I have them both running simultaniously.
- Include which virus have been discovered in some sort of history, other than just the number of virus' would be nice to be able to see when a file has been deleted, and which file, incase something you thought you wanted to keep has just dissappered without your knowledge.
- No complaints
- The registery clean up is nice, but a registry defragger would be a welcome addition, common in a lot of registry programs.
What're your guys thoughts?
09-11-2008 05:12 PM
For me, the firewall in Norton 360 has always been a bit of a challenge to configure. I can't decide if its too complicated or too simple. Some of the settings like setting up the "Trusted" connections are really confusing and hard to understand, but at the same time once you understand what its doing it seems very limited in how much to trust each connection. Overall its very confusing.
Also it might be nice to be able to turn off the firewall permanently if I decide I'd rather use Windows firewall instead. Every time I've disabled the firewall and told it to stay off until I turn it back on, Norton 360 considers that to be a "problem" and will turn it back on next time it performs background activity. Maybe add a button that says "Use Windows Firewall Instead" that turns off the norton firewall, turns on windows firewall, and does not consider it a problem. More like backup behaves when disabled (not considered a problem and its grayed out in the ui rather than red, doesnt turn on again unless I explicitly tell it to).
09-11-2008 06:40 PM - edited 09-11-2008 06:48 PM
Can this thread be merged with:
No it can't be for technical reasons. We are aware of that thread, and appeciate the link to here.
Additionally, anyone who posted in that thread does NOT need to repost, we will use post from both threads when we compile the list.
09-12-2008 01:13 AM
1) Backup: ability to remove the complete backup in one click in stead of selecting all files separately as it is now.
2) Ghosting problems shouldn't be an issue anymore
3) faster adapting / compatability with new versions of firefox / ie etc.
4) EMPTY quarantine option in N360, now there is only the option to restore it, and no option to completely empty the quarantined files
09-12-2008 05:26 AM
Would like to ask the Symantec employees ...
Have any plans to join the AntiBot on Norton 360 v3.0 now ?
Or like NIS 2009 just have part of full AntiBot ?
Thanks to the Norton 360 3.0 Development Team
09-12-2008 09:41 AM
I fully agree with Vejdin and Louiswu. when you compile the suggestions, count me as double for theirs.
Thanks for the great work guys! Please improve the backup function...