Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Contributor
Rob_N

One Click Support problem

[ Edited ]

I ran a support session today to see if everything was okay,it came back with:-

Incorrect Definition Updates settings

Fixed

We have detected that your Definition Updates are not set correctly, which can cause a failure in Auto-Protect startup. This issue may have occurred after you ran the Windows System Restore. We have successfully fixed this problem for you.

I then ran another support session which came back '"all scans appear normal"

After a few hours I ran another support session and it again said 'Incorrect definition Updates Settings -  Fixed'.Why is this happening?

All definitions were upto date according to 360's main panel.I have not run system restore for months

I have V3 on Vista
Message Edited by Rob_N on 03-20-2009 07:42 PM
Message Edited by Rob_N on 03-20-2009 07:44 PM
Message Edited by Rob_N on 03-20-2009 07:45 PM
Regular Contributor
Rob_N

Re: One Click Support problem

Tried again today and got "Incorrect Definition Updates settings   -   Fixed"
Contributor
The_german_user

Hi,

I have the same problem - but in NIS 2009. Ok, MY system restore is running..but..it can't be mentioned to turn them off, lol? What, if I screwed my system up, e.g.  if I'm installing wrong drivers and I've got NO system restore, yeah, then you have a lot of work - for nothing.

But even if it woul be turned off - like it does @ your pc - there seems to be no solution for this problem.

At Rokop Security has been a thread also, but there nobody could say, what to do, do fix the problem.

It woul be great, if any well known user or a symantec employee could help us both.

Regular Contributor
Rob_N

The fix that One Click does is to run the Intelligent Updater.

All my definitions appear up to date though before the Intelligent Updater runs

Contributor
The_german_user

Mhm...lol. Mine are completely up to date, too. The automatic LiveUpdate and the regurlarly updates are both on...mhm, very confusing.I think, somebody should call the support :D
Contributor
Rainman

I have the same problem. Could anybody explain this bug?

What does it mean?

We don't get the updates in time?

We don't get the correct updates?

We don't get any updates?

... greetings from Germany

Rainman

Regular Contributor
Rob_N

I also have 360 V3 installed on a Vista Laptop and I have never had this error on that machine
Contributor
Dazhumon

[ Edited ]

Rob_N

I got 360v3 installed on my vista OS without any of the problem that u guys has, as for vista Windows System Restore is running automatically and will create a restore point by its own and you can't turn it off too this is set by microsoft. you need some configuration if you want to turn it off but i don't really recommend it, just delete the previous restore point and create one latest point if you want to free some of your disk space up and also try run the support session see whether is the restore point causes the problem cos i always delete my previous restore point to gain more disk space. If still cant i think you should try this  Step 1. go to your control panel/classic view/symantec live update/ open it then general tap look for error support level, change to ENHANCED click ok  Step2. Click Start> Run
In the Run dialogue box, type luall and then click OK and run the update, if the problem unsolve try to wait for 1 to 2 day then run live update again.  if the problem solved go back to step 1 and turn error support level back to off. hope this helps!

Last hope is to removed all previous norton products by using norton removal tool @ http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039 then reinstall your norton product again by running as an administrator. hope this helps too!

Message Edited by Dazhumon on 03-30-2009 10:24 AM
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ....
Contributor
Rainman

Did you ever announce this issue to the official support?

I did it last week. I gave my report to the support in Frankfurt and they sent it up to the european developteam in Ireland. Now I'm very curious.

... btw:  The update-counter doesn't continued after 1 hour. And the virus- spywaredefinition aren't "uptodate". I hope they are among each other in close connection.

Rainman

Contributor
The_german_user

Ok, I think, someone didn't understand my - or should I say our - problem.

The definitions in MY Norton 2009 Internet Security are COMPLETELY up to date. The automatic update runs fine, as I can see in this nice little blue dialog box. (Don't know, if you can see this one in 360, too)

But the one-click-support does find - even today - that my  'Incorrect definition Updates Settings' have been fixed.

How could this happen? What settings are mentioned here?

Oh, I noticed, that Norton without anything to say, I've just found it through pure randomness...NORTON kills all my old   restore points! **bleep**!

I wondered so much, why TuneUp 2009 didn't found them anymore, as I wanted to wipe free disk space...no surprise, if they all get 'fixed', how Norton would say, huh?

What if somebody really need this **bleep** restore points, maybe one from the last week? And there is no one left, because Norton did a nice 'clean up' ?