Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
CherBrundage

PC Cleanup

I bought "PC CleanUp" online today from Norton along with the Norton 360 Multi-Device anti virus.  The invoice said to use the PC CleanUp within 30 days.  How do I access it?  There are no instructions.

dickevans

Re: PC Cleanup

CherBrundage wrote:

I bought "PC CleanUp" online today from Norton along with the Norton 360 Multi-Device anti virus.  The invoice said to use the PC CleanUp within 30 days.  How do I access it?  There are no instructions.

Welcome,

I don't have an immediate answer for you but I will try to find one and post back as soon as I find it.

Sorry for the delay. It appears to be a new feature that still lacks some polish.

Stay well and surf safe

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Visitor
sjnplym

I too have paid for this as an extra to my subscription. No information on the website on how to activate , I then contacted support on line and they then referred me to an '08000852363' phone number. I have just tried it and have got the 'number not recognised' message.

I am NOT impressed with the Norton service at all.

huwyngr
Topics: 1,034
Kudos: 2,820
Solutions: 376

sjnplym wrote:

I too have paid for this as an extra to my subscription. No information on the website on how to activate , I then contacted support on line and they then referred me to an '08000852363' phone number. I have just tried it and have got the 'number not recognised' message.

That is not a US style number is it? What country are you in please? Are you sure you are in contact with Norton itself?

I see there is a UK PC Cleanup:  http://pc-cleanup.co.uk/  Could you be in their hands?

Hugh
Norton Fighter
Krusty13

Is this what you are talking about?

http://us.norton.com/nortonlive/pc-powerboost.jsp

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!

Visitor
sjnplym

Its a UK 'freephone' number I was originally given - thanks for the link, I'll check it out

huwyngr
Topics: 1,034
Kudos: 2,820
Solutions: 376

sjnplym wrote:

Its a UK 'freephone' number I was originally given - thanks for the link, I'll check it out

I thought so <s>

Note that that link I gave is NOT Norton but some other third party so if you are sure you have a Norton product don't go there, at least not for help!

Hugh
peterweb
Kudos: 1,367
Solutions: 342

sjnplym wrote:

Can you provide a link to the web site you made your purchase from? That way we can help determine whether or not it was a legitimate Norton site.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Visitor
sjnplym

Eventually had a call back from Norton today. The UK number to phone about this is 0800 0852364, then you will get put through to Norton in USA who then remotely perform the PC clean up - why isnt this made clear on the website, one simple sentence woul save hours of aggravation.

Simon

peterweb
Kudos: 1,367
Solutions: 342

sjnplym wrote:

Eventually had a call back from Norton today. The UK number to phone about this is 0800 0852364, then you will get put through to Norton in USA who then remotely perform the PC clean up - why isnt this made clear on the website, one simple sentence woul save hours of aggravation.

Simon

Again I would ask that you let us know what web site you made your purchase from? There are many companies that may sell Norton products, and may provide service, but they are in no way affiliated with Norton.

I have been unable to verify that that phone number is actually for Norton. It may be, but I would not want wrong information being relied on.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.