Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
markg2
Accepted Solution

PIN number?

When I log into a particular institution, the login page has the typical username and password which N360 remembers and enters. On a further page the site asks for a PIN number. The remembered PIN is incorrect--for whatever reason. I attempted to delete (manage) the N360 PIN however the only information associated with the website under manage is the username and password.

How do I tell N360 to stop entering just the incorrect PIN yet continue entering the correct username and password?

I could delete the N360 institution website entry in it's entirety and start fresh but I'm now curious where N360 is storing the PIN value?

Mark

senthilkumar
Kudos: 256
Solutions: 108

Re: PIN number?

Hi Mark,

Login feature will store only username and password for any login page and will not store any PIN or any other information.

If Password fills wrongly or by mistake in the PIN field then report an issue.

After navigating to that site Click on identity safe menu from toolbar->Report Issue->Fill that form and Submit.

Could you provide the URL to check the issue from ourside?

Thanks,

Senthil

Contributor
markg2

The URL is https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_home/CpHome

But that's not going to help you much since to get to the page that requires the further PIN verification you first have to login.

I suspect you'd have to find a willing employee of yours that has a USAA account ;-)

Mark

Contributor
markg2

Further clarification--

I deleted the N360 account associated with the site. I then logged back in and allowed the saving of the initial page credentials. When I got to the second page asking for the PIN number, Norton automatically inserted what it thought should be the PIN number. I deleted the insertion, typed the correct value, told Norton not to save (which will not make a difference) and went on.

So the situation is as before.

Mark

senthilkumar
Kudos: 256
Solutions: 108

Hi Mark,

As I mentioned earlier, it fills the password of that site in PIN number field by mistake, so it will not ask you to save.

Have you reported this site using this option (Click on identity safe menu from toolbar->Report Issue->Fill that form and Submit.)

Thanks,

Senthil.

Contributor
markg2

There is no Report Issue clicking on Identity Safe. Doing so yields at the top of the site listings: Do not Autofill, Manage and logout from. It's not under Manage either--

Mark

yank
Kudos: 2,249
Solutions: 512

markg2 wrote:

There is no Report Issue clicking on Identity Safe. Doing so yields at the top of the site listings: Do not Autofill, Manage and logout from. It's not under Manage either--

Mark

Mark be sure you are logged into ID Safe and then this appears when left clicking on the lock.

Report issue.PNG

Contributor
markg2

I'm logged in and (whether I left or right click on Identity Safe) what I see is what I posted--not what's in your capture. I tried capturing my screen but if I click or press anything the dropdown disappears.

yank
Kudos: 2,249
Solutions: 512

markg2 wrote:

I'm logged in and (whether I left or right click on Identity Safe) what I see is what I posted--not what's in your capture. I tried capturing my screen but if I click or press anything the dropdown disappears.

My BAD!! Sorry I was looking at NIS 2012. Instead of N 360.  I have NSS actually (the same as N 360 V 5).  I have not seen if the N 360 V6 has changed that funsction yet or not.

This is what I have on NSS V 5 - which is exactly what you said you had.  Is there a reason you have not upgraded to N 360 V6?  I am not sure, but I thought this function would hav ebeen added when upgraded to V 6.

ID SAFE DD N 360 V5.png

Contributor
markg2

The only reason I haven't upgraded is that I never know when there's a major version available absent coming by this forum for another reason. I can never understand why S doesn't auto notify customers. Regardless, I will upgrade later today and then do as requested.

Thanks,

Mark