Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
jmhammer424

Pop up called price gong

I have a pop up called pricegong showing up in my browser.   I was told it was a google toolbar add-on and i could remove it from uninstall programs.  Problem is I don't have pricegong program on list and also dont have Google Toolbar.   Norton360 doesn't seem to recognize this problem.  How do I get norton to recognize and remove this pop-up?

huwyngr
Topics: 1,033
Kudos: 2,815
Solutions: 375

Re: Pop up called price gong

[ Edited ]

There's a good deal about it on the Internet if you Google. Since you don't see it in Remove Programs you probably have the browser add-on version.

You can stop this from functioning by opening your browser and disabling it in the Add-ons.

Please let us know which browser you are using but if it's Internet Explorer here's the route:

If your Menu bar -- begins with File and ends with Help -- does not show press the ALT key on your keyboard

Mouse click on Tools / Manage Addons

Find the PriceGong in the items listed there (there might be more than one entry) and double click on it -- this should change Enabled to Disabled.

There are procedures on line to remove it more fully or someone here may have specific suggestions but that should stop the popups

Hugh