Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Gatorstor

Re: Problems with LiveUpdate

I am having the same problem with not being able to TURN ON AUTOMATIC UPDATES (using Norton 360 v2.0).  I have tried opening Norton 360 and selecting "Fix."  It goes "green" for about one second then goes "red" again and I get a message saying that my PC is not set to receive the latest protection...  I then tried to do the same from LiveUpdate in the Control Panel.  When I check the box labelled "Use Automatic LiveUpdate" on the "Automatic LiveUpdate" tab, I then select "Apply" and close the window, but when I open the window back up again my checkmark is gone and I'm back to not having this set. 

My LiveUpdate works fine when manually run.  I just installed this version (as an upgrade to 360) today on 3 PC's... the other 2 are fine.  All are running on XP.  The settings in Windows all appear to be the same.  BTW, this was not a problem until I did the first LiveUpdate after installing the upgrade.  I tried uninstalling 360 v.2.0 and reinstalling once already without success.

Rootkit Eradicator

Please try only to un-install-re-install LiveUpdate.
Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]
Gatorstor

Worked like a charm!  Thank you.  Only detail you left out what that I had to go to my add/delete programs to remove the original LU, but after I did that and ran the install of LU only, the problem disappeared. 
Gatorstor

Uh, spoke too soon.  Just rebooted and the problem came back.  Suggestions?

Rootkit Eradicator

Gatorstor wrote:

Uh, spoke too soon.  Just rebooted and the problem came back.  Suggestions?

Just to confirm: Is it Windows Automatic Update or is it LiveUpdate going Off in the Settings' heading? 
Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]
Gatorstor

It is Symantec LiveUpdate.  Thanks.
Rootkit Eradicator

Hi.

You still having the same problems?

If someone could advise on this, it would be most helpful.

Phishing Phryer
johna

Hi Gatorstor

As you have upgraded and subsequently reinstalled, I would ask that you run the Norton Removal Tool then reinstall the product, so we may be able to start from a clean install.

Let us know if this solves the problem, thanks.

Rootkit Eradicator

Hello, johna,

I think the user may have already used the N.R.T. which is why I did not suggest it.

Also, if the user had just installed it on their system, then that would be a clean install.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello, Gastorstor,

Could you confirm before using the N.R.T. whether you have already used the N.R.T. to re-install your Norton Product.