Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
Stampy
Accepted Solution

Re-install norton 360 after reinstalling windows.

Hi everybody,

I have been doing a little research on the symantec website in order to download and re install norton 360 (non premium) software and my subscription is still valid until april next year.

I have tried downloading the file using the link below "Existing Norton Customers" which will ask me to log in. Once i did, it shows me a page with all my information, product key and serial number, it also shows that my subscription is still valid... But no links to download the product. So I tried going back to that same link (now that I was logged in) but it logs me out automatically so the circle starts and I can't download norton 360....

My next step was to search in the norton update center. It first told me that I wasn't eligible for update.... then after another trial it tells me that I currently have the latest version (I don't have any symantec product installed on the computer not even a trial version.....)

I then search this forum for a valid link to a download, I start downloading the file then I run it from my hardrive but nothing starts... I try again using the "launch as administrator" but same result: nothing happens.

If anyone could help me solve this issue I would be very gratefull! Anyway thanks in advance !

Volunteer
Vineeth

Re: Re-install norton 360 after reinstalling windows.

Hi,

Depending on the flavor of Norton 360 that you have, download it from:

Norton 360 Version 4.0 (Often known as Standard)

http://www.norton.com/n360s_4

Norton 360 Version 4.0 Premier Edition

http://www.norton.com/n360p_4 

Vineeth

Yaso_Kuuhl
Kudos: 1,437
Solutions: 528

[ Edited ]

Hi Stampy,

In addition, please keep your Norton product key handy to activate your product after installation.

If a notification pops up saying that you have exceeded the number of allowed activations, please contact Symantec Customer Support, and they will reset your activations for you. You can chat with them for free over here:
http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/contact/contact.jsp?pvid=cs

Visitor
Stampy

Thanks to both of you guys for your quick responses. I have tried to download Norton 360 4 (standard) from your link but just like for the previous link I was able to find, the program won't run.

As for the second answer, I am sure it will be helpful, but I just can't get that far yet :(

Yaso_Kuuhl
Kudos: 1,437
Solutions: 528

Hi Stampy,

Can you please specify what kind of operating system (including service pack) you are running, and whether you had/have any other anti-virus software running?

Also, in which way is Norton refusing to install? Does it give you a notification stating why it will not install? If you are getting a notification, can you please post a screenshot ? You can find instructions on how to post a screenshot over here:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Forum-Tip-How-to-post-screenshots-in-the-forum/td-p/25...

Volunteer
Vineeth

Hi,

Are you able to complete the download? If so, what happens when you double click the installation file? Do you receive any error message?

Vineeth

Visitor
Stampy

I was able to complete it, nothing happens once I either double click it or run it as administrator. Thanks again for sticking with me

Norton Fighter
mdturner

Hi Stampy

What has happened to your installation that you are trying to reinstall Norton 360 ?

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone

floplot
Topics: 215
Kudos: 2,051
Solutions: 365

Hello Stampy

You mentioned in your subject that you reinstalled Windows. Did you upgrade to a new operating system or was there some sort of malware or rootkit and that was why you reinstalled Windows? What was the procedure that you followed when you did reinstall windows? Are you currently having any other problems with your computer since you reinstalled Windows? I'm thinking along the lines that perhaps there is some malware on your computer which is preventing the install.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

Visitor
Stampy

I simply put the C drive back to its "out of the box" state using the proper procedure in the toshiba guide on my computer. (it's a laptop"). The reason I did this was because my 64 GB SSD drive only had 4GB left of free space even though I never installed anything on it, and my computer was slowed down noticibly.

So I do believe that my windows reinstallation was a succes so far even though I haven't been able to reinstall everything back just yet. But browsing on my hard drive for example looking at pictures and movies seems to be working better than before, so I don't think I did anything wrong with it.

There were a norton trial version on the computer but I remembered I had needed to uninstall that one when I purchassed my new key. So I uninstalled it again before trying to reinstall the new one. And as I said before, nothing happens when I double click the .exe file.

Thanks everybody soo far though, I'm sure we're getting closer and closer.