Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Contributor
Jormungandr
Accepted Solution

Renewing with New Key

My subscription is about to be renewed. However, while searching about the price, I came across this post, http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Norton-360-Renewal-Pricing/td-p/710783/page/2 ,about using a new key to renew as it was about $30 cheaper. How does one go about doing this? I see N360 available for $49.99 for Windows Vista, 7 and 8 on Amazon as a download. However, my computers are Windows XP and 7. If I purchased it, what happens? Do I get a key and download? Do I download and then get a key? Will the key renew N360 for my XP computer? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
dickevans

Re: Renewing with New Key

Jormungandr wrote:
My subscription is about to be renewed. However, while searching about the price, I came across this post, http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Norton-360-Renewal-Pricing/td-p/710783/page/2 ,about using a new key to renew as it was about $30 cheaper. How does one go about doing this? I see N360 available for $49.99 for Windows Vista, 7 and 8 on Amazon as a download. However, my computers are Windows XP and 7. If I purchased it, what happens? Do I get a key and download? Do I download and then get a key? Will the key renew N360 for my XP computer? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

When you purchase from Amazon there will be an email exchange to confirm your purchase, to send you your key and to provide you with the address of the download. If you are not changing versions there is no need to download the software. You can click on the word 'renew' in the loaer part of the UI and select 'have a new key' and enter it.

With a current subscription you can upgrade all of your systems to the current version, v20, and continue to enjoy the proection of Norton 360.

Keep us posted

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
huwyngr
Topics: 1,033
Kudos: 2,815
Solutions: 375

If your XP installation has the latest Windows Service Packs installed (well at least Service Pack 2 for Norton but I'd advise being fully up to date) then the current Norton 360's are compatible.

Just be careful when you buy to get the matching Standard or Premier to what you have already.

If what you buy is the latest 2013 / V20 of N360 and your present installation is the 2012 / V6 (they changed to match the NIS/NAV Identity numbers) then you may have a problem with using the newer key to activate your older version. This is a glitch which Norton OnLine Support can easily fix by giving you a working key for the older installation, and it will work for the current ones too.

Let us know if you have any queries.

Hugh
Regular Contributor
Jormungandr

Thank you for your help. I was able to successfully renew using a new key.