01-04-2011 10:07 PM
My SONAR advanced protection is on but not protecting. When I try to fix it, isn't being fix. Any help it this would be very helpful.
This was the first error message.
Norton 360 has encountered an internal program error. Error Code: 0x8007045A, 3038:104
The second error message was
SONAR Advanced Protection failed to load. Error Code: 0x8064000D
and this is what is Norton 360 ver. 4.0 running on Windows 7 is telling me.
Your PC is not protected by SONAR Advanced Protection.
01-04-2011 10:46 PM
Hi welcome to norton community
Please wait for Guru`s to get here.
Till then you can refer to the sonar drops out post
hope this helps
01-04-2011 10:57 PM
Follow the instructions here to update your definitions, and reboot:
01-05-2011 01:51 AM - edited 01-05-2011 01:52 AM
I finished downloading the updates and restarted my computer, but when I restarted my computer everything was good for about 2 mins. Same problem occurs, but with no error messages.
01-13-2011 12:22 PM
Since the problem perists, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton 360. You can use the Norton Removal tool:
You can redownload and install Norton 360 after that:
01-24-2011 05:32 AM
How long should the uninstall take because when I double click on them both, it somewhat starts (I think) and looks like BUdump.exe looks like a command prompt is opening when I double click the BUdump.exe. The Norton Removal Tool looks like a uninstall graphic interface, but it flashes also.
01-27-2011 10:14 AM
BuDump tool runs silently, and it appears to be run ok. If the Norton Removal Tool does not seems to be running, you can try to run it in safe mode.
1. Restart the computer. As soon as the computer starts, tap the F8 key about once per second until you see the Windows Advanced Options menu.
2. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to select Safe Mode, and then press Enter.
3. Click Yes to proceed to Safe mode.
4. Run the removal tool, you can download it from this LINK in normal mode.
5. Restart the computer back to safe mode and run it 2-3 times, restart the computer each time after you run it.
6. Now try to re-install Norton 360 and let us know the results.