Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
bweckman

Screen Capture prevention

I am working with a screen capture program to record on-screen activity.  I seem to be having issues with the image collection and am only getting a black screen when I review the recorded files.  I am not sure if this is being done by my Norton or if it is an issue with the capture program itself.  If Norton is the source, is there a way to disable or bypass the screen capture prevention for this particular software?

dickevans

Re: Screen Capture prevention

bweckman wrote:

I am working with a screen capture program to record on-screen activity.  I seem to be having issues with the image collection and am only getting a black screen when I review the recorded files.  I am not sure if this is being done by my Norton or if it is an issue with the capture program itself.  If Norton is the source, is there a way to disable or bypass the screen capture prevention for this particular software?

Welcome,
I have 360 on a test system and use a screen capture program all the time without any problems. I also run NIS on another system and it allows me to do screen captures.

What is your operating system and which version of what Norton product are you running

Thanks

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Super Phishing Phryer
DaveH

Re: Screen Capture prevention

Right click on the icon next to the clock and "disable autoprotect".  Choose enough time to test it again.

Chances are it's a issue with the program or video driver problem.

Even if it's considered a "spy" program or if Norton thought it was possible keylogger it would have given you a lot more warning than just blanking out the screen.

You may want to check the documentation for the program, some need hardware acceleration turned off or other settings may need to be changed.

Dave