Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
CaughtOut
Accepted Solution

Shop Bought Product - 360 V5 - Exclusive Gold Edition

Hi, I have come on here in desperation as I can not find anybody within Norton to help me.

I bought a new PC from PC World and at the same time purchased Norton 360 V5 Gold Edition.

The pc came with a trial version of Norton already installed so there was no need to install the copy thati bought.

The trial period will finish soon and despite daily request from Norton to purchase another copy i have been totally unable to find anywhere to enter the product key despite spending about 8 hours on this task.  I've logged onto my NortonAccount but that just sends me to buy download version of 360.  There does not seem to be any provision for installing shop bought products.

I 'spoke' to a virtual help desk that was totally useless.  

This would not seem to be too difficult to do. Or at least that is what i had anticipated.

Can any of you wise people walk me through this because Norton do not seem to want to.

Thanks in advance

CaughtOut

huwyngr
Topics: 1,033
Kudos: 2,815
Solutions: 375

Re: Shop Bought Product - 360 V5 - Exclusive Gold Edition

Sorry you are having a problem -- this seems rather common at the moment with Norton 360 Gold and also with products purchased from your source!

I'm sure we can help you deal with this but to get you the best advice, would you give us some more information about your system:

Was the trial version on the PC the same Norton product as you bought -- N 360 or was it Norton Internet Security? The keys are not interchangeable.

What version of Windows are you using including Service Packs and whether 32 bit or 64 bit as well as the Name and Version ID of the Norton product that you are using -- Help or Support / About is where that is, in the format of nn.nn.nn.nnn where n is a number -- this would apply to the trial version.

If you get any error messages please give the exact wording of them as well as any other background that could be helpful. 

Please also say what internet browser you are using -- name and version number ...

We don't know the Gold editions very much over here in the USA so we don't know if they use a different series of KEYs to activate -- I would imagine they must -- and we don't know if they are so far as N 360 is concerned the Standard (2 GB of free on line storage) or the Premier  (25 GB of free on line storage) or some other amount. I suspect 2 GB since the Gold card seems to offer upgrades above that at a discount.

The usual way to get to where you enter the KEY is on the main GUI of the product after installation where you can click on Subscribe or Renew or words like that and you should find a place to Enter Existing KEY but I don't know with your setup if it's like this or not.

So hang in there and let us have some more information.

Hugh
Volunteer
yogesh_mohan

[ Edited ]

Hi CaughtOut,

Welcome to Norton Community!

Normally, you can click Account in Norton 360 product interface, and then use the option Renew Subscription. There you can find the option to enter the Product Key from the CD. If you gets "Invalid Product key" message, then it mean that you are having Norton 360 Standard Edition or Premier Edition. You may have to download and install Norton 360 Netbook Edition in order to use the Product Key from CD.(You have to do this if you don't have Account option in Norton 360)

In that case, you can download the Norton 360 Netbook Edition from the following Symantec KB:

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080514162318EN

Then install the Netbook edition and use the Product Key from the CD for activation. Let us know if this works for you.

Yogesh

huwyngr

Yogesh,

I'm sorry but I don't understand <<  You may have to download and install Norton 360 Netbook Edition in order to use the Product Key from CD  >> ......

SInce the netbook edition doesn't come on a CD no CD-KEY will work with the netbook edition -- and I don't see any reference to netbook in the original message ....

Hugh
Volunteer
yogesh_mohan

Hi Hugh,

Hope you remember the following thread:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/360-5-0-on-Netbook/m-p/496002

Gold edition is the CD version of Norton 360 Netbook Edition which is available on stores across UK.

Yogesh

huwyngr

yogesh_mohan wrote:

Hi Hugh,

Hope you remember the following thread:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/360-5-0-on-Netbook/m-p/496002

Gold edition is the CD version of Norton 360 Netbook Edition which is available on stores across UK.

Yogesh

Not in my memory bank -- must have purged all temp files .....

All I can say is Weird ...... you'd think marketing would make a point of "You can install on normal or netbook PCs ....."

Hugh
Visitor
CaughtOut

Thanks for all the replies.  I actually thought that my note had been deleted.

One poster mentioned that the 360 Gold in the CD version.   The computer that i bought does not have a cd drive.

Its a 32 bit Samsung notebook.

I've clicked just about everywhere but can not find any option to enter a Product Key.

Spam Squasher
CyberLife

Here are the steps to activate Norton 360:

• Make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet.

• Start Norton 360.

• On the bottom-right corner of the Norton product window, click Activate Now or Renew.

• Type in your Product Key.

• Click Next.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• When finished, review your subscription details, and then click Done.

CyberLife :)
Visitor
CaughtOut

yes, thank you...but when i click on RENEW....i get directed to  a page trying to sell me downloadable versions that i have to pay for.

There is a NortonAccount icon at the bottom of the page which i have logged into but that just starts the same procedure again.

It may be that it has to be loaded via a CD that i don't have and that there is no provision to enter a Product Key directly even thought i have it as it come with the CD in the same box.

It's a bit odd.  I wish that i could find a way to contact Norton and ask then to install it.

Volunteer
yogesh_mohan

Hi CaughtOut,

Please read my previous post carefully, I have provided the renewal instructions as well as download instructions in case the renewal part doesn't work.

Let me know if it works.

Yogesh