Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
BALAC

Unable to open norton 360

Hi,

I really need your help..i installed N360 on jan..till then i dont find any issues.

For the past 3 days unable to perform full scan but i could do quick scan , live updates and all..

so i tried uninstall with Norton removal tool and again downloaded from my account..still facing the same issue...

I appreciate your response

dickevans

Re: Unable to open norton 360

BALAC wrote:

Hi,

I really need your help..i installed N360 on jan..till then i dont find any issues.

For the past 3 days unable to perform full scan but i could do quick scan , live updates and all..

so i tried uninstall with Norton removal tool and again downloaded from my account..still facing the same issue...

I appreciate your response

Welcome,
Have you run any scans? Have you tried booting into safe mode and running a full scan?

Keep us posted

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Visitor
BALAC

HI,

Thanks for the quick response...ya i rebooted and did full scan too..but the issue still persist...

Visitor
picdog

I have the same problem and am waiting for someone to help.

Have done all the previous posted fixes to include: uninstall/reinstall, uninstall/use norton removal tool/reinstall (multiple times), safe mode full scan.  After each time i updated until "no updates available".  Most times the N360 window will open for a few seconds, close and then wont reopen.  The program appears to be running in the background and i often get pop ups showing a threat was blocked.  I previously had trend micro and when i first installed N360, after removing trend, it worked fine (about a month ago). 

peterweb
Kudos: 1,171
Solutions: 303

BALAC

Did you have any other security program installed before you installed 360? If so, you need to use the removal utility for that program.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Contributor
gaz-e

I ALSO hav the same issue come on people somebody say it norton has screwed up there software so many people cant have the same problem and it not be the softwares problem

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/not-responding-360-very-often/m-p/946633/highlight/false#M...

there seem to be many people with this problem

Contributor
calverleylad

Couple of questions for you both - what version of 360 are you running, I have 20.3.1.22 and did you confirm previous antivirus program removed (do a search for) likewise no other Norton product installed.

I know these are noob questions, but although I'm a noob to Norton I work methodically to solve problems.

(Chance one of the experts will be arriving soon)

Brian

yank
Kudos: 2,046
Solutions: 467

Hi calverleylad,

Have you by chance read thru the 3 pages of the thread that gaz-e referenced in his last post to see what has already been done to attempt to assist them?  Perhaps even the post they made saying they gave up on Norton?

Contributor
calverleylad

Yes I read every word, just a shame he couldn't get 360 to work for him?

Brian