Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
johngoldberg

Uninstall from old computer and install on new one

I have Norton 360 installed on three computers. Can I uninstall it from one of those computers and install it on a new one? If so, how. Thank you.

huwyngr
Topics: 1,042
Kudos: 2,888
Solutions: 383

Re: Uninstall from old computer and install on new one

John,

No problem -- the best way is to open the main N360 screen on a computer and navigate to Account -- I'm in NIS and not knowing which version of N360 you have 2012/V6 or 2013/V20 I don't know how the menus are arranged.

If you see a link Norton Apps click on that and then on Norton Management and set that up. With it you can give each computer a user friendly name so it's easy to know which is which but if you can identify which of the three is the old computer just click on the dustbin alongside it and that will cancel the activation and liberate it for further use.

If you have a problem identifying which listed activation belongs to which computer then the easy way is to dustbin all of them and then reactivate the two you want to keep.

If none of that works out then let us know and we can point you to CHAT who will do it for you. But the Norton Management utility is good once you rename the computers.

Hugh
Visitor
johngoldberg

Hugh:

Thank you very much for your help.

John

huwyngr
Topics: 1,042
Kudos: 2,888
Solutions: 383

John,

You're welcome -- please let us know if it worked for you and if not what happened so I can get it right next time ....

Hugh