Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
denniallen

What is Sonar Protection?

I have just run a live update and it is telling me my computer is at risk and I am not protection by Sonar advanced protection...this has not happoened before and has me worried that my computer is not protected.

And why cant we telephone someone in Australia to talk to about this? I cannot find a phone number anywhere! Norton 360 has been giving me huge problems....I am close to uninstalling and getting another computer protection...not paying all this money to be stuffed around.

Norton Fighter
Krusty13

Re: What is Sonar Protection?

Hi denniallen,

Welcome to the forum.

There are several numbers listed for SYMANTEC  in Telstra White Pages, depending on what state you are in.  In NSW try 1300 368 089.

You can also click support from in your Norton product.

Live chat is a fast and affective way to solve many issues.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!

DistEd2
Kudos: 412
Solutions: 81

[ Edited ]

There is some indication that this can happen and only require a reboot to install some of the files received in the update. Give that a try, then check to make sure that SONAR protection is actually turned on.

Let us know whether this fixes it; there are some other things we can try if not.

SONAR is an advanced form of Norton protection designed to give you a line of defense against malware that hasn't been encountered yet--and therefore cannot be identified and blocked by traditional, signature-based malware protection. It would, therefore, make a certain amount of sense that significant updates to it might require a reboot before they could run again.

Visitor
denniallen

Thank you....i was unable to find any telephone numbers....they are obviously there somewhere so maybe they could look at making them more obvious.

Thanks for you help

DistEd2
Kudos: 412
Solutions: 81

That's what we're here for.

We have generally found users to get the best results by using Live Chat rather than trying to connect by phone. But there are ar least a couple of things like the above that we should try before we pack you off in that direction!

Norton Fighter
Krusty13

denniallen wrote:

Thank you....i was unable to find any telephone numbers....they are obviously there somewhere so maybe they could look at making them more obvious.

Thanks for you help

Glad we could help.  Could you please let us know if your problem is solved.

There are many knowledgeable people here that would be willing to help.

They have helped me many times. :smileyhappy:

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!