Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
rg_nath

Win8pro OS upgrade prob link with Norton.

Hi,

I have installed Norton 360 V6 while i am using win7 home basic OS. Recently i was upgraded from win7 to Win8 Pro.After installed my Laptop keyboard was not working fine and it is messed up the keys while typing. While searching for this issue in internet, i have seen that is the problem with existing security software. You can check the below links FYI..

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-performance/after-upgrading-to-windows-8-...

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/Problem-with-Keyboard-in-IE10-and-Internet-Brow...

so, do i need to uninstall my Norton 360 and reinstall it. Is any problem with my current version?

Regards,

Nath.

DavidThomas88
Topics: 133
Kudos: 51
Solutions: 20

Re: Win8pro OS upgrade prob link with Norton.

hi

nop you do not need too unstall norton 360 v 6 has long has you have your norton 360 v6 all up to day it sould ride a long with the upgrade

yank
Kudos: 2,063
Solutions: 470

Hi rg_nath,

Are you a Comcast customer and have Constant Guard Protective Suite (CGPS) installed?  CGPS has a history of causing keyboard problems and is NOT compatible with Win 8 at this time.

Normally the removal of CGPS via Control Panel will return your keyboard to normal operation.

If you are not a Comcast customer and do not have CGPS installed, then your problems lie somewhere else - but I wouldnot think with Norton.

huwyngr
Topics: 1,003
Kudos: 2,735
Solutions: 368

The most common cause of keyboard and mouse/touchpad faults after upgrading to WIndows 8 that I've encountered, especially on laptops, is a failure to update the special drivers to match the hardware.

Make sure that you go to the source of those features (the PC maker or the maker of the devices) and check for Windows 8 drivers that match your Windows 8 version of 64 bit or 32 bit.

Hugh
rg_nath

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions. If the problem is not with my security software, I will drive to my PC service center and check for win8 compatible drivers. By personally I am not a Comcast customer but may be it was came with  with upgraded win8pro OS as an inbuilt software. If it is then I need to uninstall form win8pro. Thanks.

Nath.

Contributor
gdiloren

Go to the support page of your manufacturer pc and enter the model no.. You'll probably find your pc isn't suited for the Win 8 Pro upgrade (usually pcs prior to 2010!). In my case, I asked for a $46.00 refund from Microsoft but I had to pay $220 to repair the pc!