Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
David83
Accepted Solution

Your PC is not protected by sonar advanced protection

I'd purchased a new laptop windows 7 and also bought Norton 360 ver 5.0 with it. After installing it, it came up with an error, I've followed the self help notes, and have un installed and re installed twice with no effect. 

Could someone please help to solve this problem thank you

yank
Kudos: 2,159
Solutions: 501

Re: Your PC is not protected by sonar advanced protection

Hi David83,

Were there any security programs (trials) installed on your new laptop?  If so they needed to be removed prior to installing N 360.

Also have you run Liveupdate as many times as necessary (rebooting when asked to) for liveupdatre to respond "no more updates available"?

Let us know and we'll go from there.

Visitor
David83

When I loaded Norton 360, it asked for Norton internet security to be removed, I download the Norton removal tool and completed that, at the moment when I try to run liveupdate it come's up with a message, "to receive the most current update's you must restart the system" which I have done a few time's but same message appears

I've never had problems with previous Norton software on other pc's this is becoming annoying,

yank

David83 wrote:

When I loaded Norton 360, it asked for Norton internet security to be removed, I download the Norton removal tool and completed that, at the moment when I try to run liveupdate it come's up with a message, "to receive the most current update's you must restart the system" which I have done a few time's but same message appears

I've never had problems with previous Norton software on other pc's this is becoming annoying,

Hi David,

Unless it finally comes back "no more updates available", you have not run liveupdate/rebooted enough times. 

I have seen it take up to 6 reboots, so keep trying.

Visitor
David83

Thank you I've now ran iveupdate and restarted a few more time's now it's saying "your Norton product has the latest projection update's" however after 9 min the same error message displays "your PC is not protected by sonar advanced protection"

yank

David83 wrote:

Thank you I've now ran iveupdate and restarted a few more time's now it's saying "your Norton product has the latest projection update's" however after 9 min the same error message displays "your PC is not protected by sonar advanced protection"

Do you get a  Fix Now button?  Have you clicked on it.  Have you looked at the details of the warning? what does the details say? 

Is Sonar Protection in fact turned on?

Visitor
David83

• Yes I've clicked on the fix now button, nothing changed
  • one click support runs displays error code 3039.69638
  • I click on begin support session
  • no automatic solutions were found. Click launch support to continue is displayed
  • I've followed the steps for downloading the Norton Remove & Reinstall tool and same message has re appeared

sonar advanced protection turns itself off after 9 min! It's turned on when the laptop loads up

Visitor
gac3279

i have also had the same issue! error 3039,69638....? support says to first restart (solves issue for around 5-10 min).. step 2 uninstall then reinstall. I have followed the advice and have reinstalled twice also restarting my laptop more than a dozen times until i received the message of finally beinging fully updated. Again 10 mins later i see i am at risk..I have gone though my end and i am not the problem, there is an internal error in 360 that shows up when i was in diagnostics at a medium risk factor along with some others. the report was sent to norton; And in the mean time, i have no protection in terms of anti virus, but hey 3 out out of 4 isn't bad....

David83 wrote:

I'd purchased a new laptop windows 7 and also bought Norton 360 ver 5.0 with it. After installing it, it came up with an error, I've followed the self help notes, and have un installed and re installed twice with no effect. 

Could someone please help to solve this problem thank you

Visitor
David83

it's good to know i'm not the only one suffering from this annoying issue, hopefully this issue can be sorted out soon by somebody!

Visitor
gac3279

i was glad to know that i also was not experiencing this issue! i have checked the posts and noticed the last hot fix was updated in april, i hope to have the problem fixed sooner..?