Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
David83

Re: Your PC is not protected by sonar advanced protection

This problem has finally been fixed after contacting Norton live team and somebody remotely took over my laptop, from what I saw they tried and failed downloading the Norton removal tool and re installing Norton 360, the same error popped up. To fix the issue he downloaded and installed Norton internet security 2012  which was already pre installed on the laptop then removed it fully, then installed Norton 360 and the error message didn't show up and so far I've had no other issue's. Hope this helps anybody else suffering with this problem

yank
Kudos: 2,148
Solutions: 501

David83 wrote:

This problem has finally been fixed after contacting Norton live team and somebody remotely took over my laptop, from what I saw they tried and failed downloading the Norton removal tool and re installing Norton 360, the same error popped up. To fix the issue he downloaded and installed Norton internet security 2012  which was already pre installed on the laptop then removed it fully, then installed Norton 360 and the error message didn't show up and so far I've had no other issue's. Hope this helps anybody else suffering with this problem

Thanks for the feedback David83.  I have seen it with the Norton version, as well as some other programs where for some reason the old program was not totally removed the first time the removal was attempted, and when you went to remove it using a Remvoal Tool, it either would not function or would not get it all.  In order to "fix the uninstall"  you had to reinstall the inital program and then remove it and run the removal tool again in order to clean it all out.  It seems like part of the intial program does not get properly removed and for some reason the removal tool can't get to it either. 

I have seen this occurring with the Comcast Tool Bar and also Constant Guard Protection Suite removal from time to time on the Comcast forums, whre either has to be reinstalled again and the REVO uninstaller run.

Just glad you got it sorted and thanks for the feedback,  I'll keep the procedure in mind in case we run into another tough one.

Visitor
Bill-W

Norton agents were in my computer for 2 hours Sunday and 3 hours Monday. Then still can't get the Sonar working. Error message 3039,65554 keeps coming up. Had 2 different supervisors working in the computer. They are sending the case to some kind of Response Team. 

Questions: Is my computer in danger without Sonar?

Is there some other company I can use to protect my computer? Really getting sick of this problem with Norton.

dickevans

Bill-W wrote:

Norton agents were in my computer for 2 hours Sunday and 3 hours Monday. Then still can't get the Sonar working. Error message 3039,65554 keeps coming up. Had 2 different supervisors working in the computer. They are sending the case to some kind of Response Team. 

Questions: Is my computer in danger without Sonar?

Is there some other company I can use to protect my computer? Really getting sick of this problem with Norton.

Welcome Bill,

Did you read the solution posted a few messages before yours? Does this apply to your situation? If so, have you tried the 'fix' that was listed and appears to have solved the problem? If not, will you try it before leaving us with a bad taste in your mouth?

Thanks

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Visitor
Bill-W

I will try the solution but I'm waiting for Norton to call me as promised first. Should hear from them today or tomorrow if they honor their promise to call.

Regular Visitor
IN070083

Hi,

The simple fix to resolve 3039,69638

1) Uninstall Norton by Running NRT

2) Delete the Norton Folder available in the C:/Windows/System32/Drivers folder of Windows OS.

Then Reinstall the Norton program.

Visitor
Bill-W

I have windows XP Home. Norton 360. Error 3039,65554 (you have listed 3039,69638). Norton has not called me as promised. I am not familiar with computers. If someone can walk me through a fix, step by step, I would appreciate it. 

Thanks,

Bill W

yank
Kudos: 2,148
Solutions: 501

Bill-W wrote:

I have windows XP Home. Norton 360. Error 3039,65554 (you have listed 3039,69638). Norton has not called me as promised. I am not familiar with computers. If someone can walk me through a fix, step by step, I would appreciate it. 

Thanks,

Bill W

Hi BillW,
Here is a fix per Norton.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?docid=kb20100514150534EN_EndUs...

Pleae keep us posted.

Visitor
Bill-W

The Norton agent did apply the Norton Power Eraser and reinstalled Norton. This did not help. I might try it again later this week. Thanks for your suggestion.