Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
Sorrel

adgredy.class - what does it do?

[ Edited ]

This morning my Norton fixed an adgredy.class Trojan Horse. 

I'm worried though about what it might have already done. Is it infectious - transferrable via any emails I've sent while it was there and I didn't know it?

Does anyone know? I can't find anything on Google.

Thanks.

Volunteer
yogesh_mohan

Re: adgredy.class - what does it do?

Hi Sorrel,

Welcome to Norton Community!

It seems to be a vulnerability with Java, as the file you mentioned is used by Java:

C:\Documents and Settings\***\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\61\1e8e14bd-76383437:\dev\s\AdgredY.class

You may try installing the latest Java Update from the following link:

http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Let us know the results.

Yogesh

floplot
Topics: 215
Kudos: 2,051
Solutions: 365

Hello Sorrel

I would also recommend that you empty out the temporary files for Java which you can access by clicking on the Java symbol in your Control Panel.  You will then get to the Java Control Panel. On that you will see Temporary Internet Files. Click on Settings and delete those files. I do that on a weekly basis. Those temporary files will be filled up again once you use sites that use Java on them.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

Visitor
Sorrel

Thanks, and for the welcome. I updated my Java. How do I get to the Control Panel? btw I'm running Vista and have Firefox. Have also today now added a script blocker add on to that. Could it already have caused any damage? Does anyone know what this TH does?
Visitor
Sorrel

Ok. Control Panel found and files deleted. Also ticked option not to save temp files. Is that an ok thing to do?
floplot
Topics: 215
Kudos: 2,051
Solutions: 365

Hello Sorrel

If Vista has a control panel, then you should be able to find the java icon in the control panel and access java control panel that way.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

Visitor
Sorrel

Did that, yes. [see above post]. Please don't let me have infected anyone else. It's not a virus, is it?
Regular Contributor
gabranth

[ Edited ]

its not a virus a virus replicates it self on a users pc a Trojan Horse just opens a backdoor for  a hacker to use

Visitor
Sorrel

Thanks. I'm getting some really worrying things on my Security Log. Including "Connected to a shared network" then the "Unauthorised access logged [access thread data]" and then "An instance of C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\csrss.EXE is preparing to access the internet" just around the time I was logging out last night. What should I do? I always disconnect my internet, and switch off the router overnight. Should I not do this?
Norton Fighter
mdturner

Sorrel wrote:
Thanks. I'm getting some really worrying things on my Security Log. Including "Connected to a shared network" then the "Unauthorised access logged [access thread data]" and then "An instance of C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\csrss.EXE is preparing to access the internet" just around the time I was logging out last night. What should I do? I always disconnect my internet, and switch off the router overnight. Should I not do this?

Hi Sorrel

The messages you are seeing are normal and not something to be worried about. They are part of the normal,day to day, running of Norton.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone