Welcome!

Welcome to the Norton Forums! Scan the threads for topics of interest or create your own. For fastest results, use our search feature to find related conversations. Symantec employees also post here when they can. So don't be shy -- join the discussions!

Please read our Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service before using the community.

jdavis
Norton AntiSpam Not adding to blocked senders list in outlook express

When I designate an email as a spam message Norton AntiSpam asks to add sender to blocked list.   Even though I confirm the request to add to the blocked sender list I continue receiving emails from the specified address..  I checked my blocked senders list and anitspam is not adding the senders address to the list, I have to manually do it..  Any ideas??

Visitor
pszydlo
Norton 360 Premier vs. "Tech Live Support" and Identity protection.

My PC has been acting up (slow starts and internet freezes) for several months.  All systems and scans and updates were current  on 360.  I stupidly went on the web looking for solution to problem.  Connected with PC Cleaner for $40, then directed to "tech live support"  which identified over 4000 issues, some warnings, some errors.  For another $255, they cleaned up my PC.  Next day, same issues.  Called, they cleaned PC and said my issues were because I didn't have Identity Theft protection and I.E. had a virus.  I didn't buy anything new.  Question is:  doesn't 360 protect against viruses, identity issues, junk and temporary files?  Was I scammed?

pjsymnort
norton 360 won't launch, even after reinstall

I have a Windows 7 machine and I have installed and reinstalled Norton 360 (using the Norton removal tool before reinstalling). I can't launch Norton 360 in order to change setting, start a scan, anything. I can independently launch Live Update and have confirmed that there are no more updates to apply. What should I do?

Visitor
arobins
Norton 360 update crashing/ bluescreen

Help! I am running Windows Vista and uploaded the Norton 360 update a couple of days ago. Since then it freezes and crashes every time I turn it on.

I've searched the forum and know other people have had the same problem, but I can't understand what the solution is. I do have .dmp files under C:\Windows\ minidump, and I also have a file in C:\windows\mrmory.dmp

The solutions said something about uploading these files?? To where?

I have also searched for a program called FAMv4 and cannot find it on my computer, but I do also have NTI as my backup/ dvd writing program, and that seemed to be someone else's solution for this problem.

I am running Windows Vista and uploaded the Norton 360 update a couple of days ago. Since then it freezes and crashes every time I turn it on.

thedoc
reinstall issues

its just been one of those frequent occasions where norton decides to stop working, doesnt open, and doesnt want to update.....which has happened quite frequently since i bought my girlfriend and myself 2 laptops and a 12 month norton 360 + 3 devices subcription, in november.

now i followed the guidlines and uninstalled it, ive just logged on to my norton account to try and reinstall it back on and it is telling me that any downloads arent applicable.

ive already paid for a service that presumably was modelled on a stroppy teenager, is there any way i can actually get it back on my laptop and to do what i paid the money for?

Visitor
nikespirit
resolved Blue Screen of Death, but now no network connection!

I was battling the blue screen issue for a while, finally decided to remove Norton 360 (I had it on 3 computers only 1 have this issue).  https://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/BSOD-IRQL-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL-where-to-sent-the-dump/td-p/8...

now I got it uninstall using the "removeal tool" software.  reinstall by download from my online Norton management(?) site.  I do notice a pop up saying the frame work failed?  anyway after I restart the workstation I am unable to connect to the network (no internet or local network).   so I uninstall again... restart, internet works (I tested with IE and firefox and local network), install Norton 360 AGAIN, restart.... now I am back to no network.

what did I do wrong?

I have vista 32. 

Contributor
360premier
Accepted Solution
N360 vs Norton One

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has an opinion on N360Premier vs Norton One.

Today is renewal or quit day for me and not sure what to do.

Anybody know the diff between the two?

Tony_Weiss
Topics: 585
Kudos: 2,145
Solutions: 353
Product Update - 6.4.1 of Norton 360

Dear Norton Community,

We are glad to announce that we have completed testing our latest inline release of Norton 360 2012 and we are ready to release the patch for English users.

To receive the update, simply run LiveUpdate and download the update. A reboot will be required.

To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Support, and select About. The version number of the new release for Norton 360 will be 6.4.1.14.

The FAQ below tries to answer some common questions:

1. What is the version number for this patch?

The version number is 6.4.1.14 (2012)

Please note that all Norton 360 customers with a valid subscription will receive this update for free. Not using the Norton 2012 products? See if you qualify for a FREE update to the 2012 products by visiting the Norton Update Center.

2. When will I receive the patch?

This update is currently available through LiveUpdate. If you have not received the patch, please restart your system and run LiveUpdate manually.

3. How can I manually install the patch?

This update is currently available through LiveUpdate.

4. What are the changes in this release?

6.4.1 contains mostly backend changes, most of which aren't noticible to customersThis patch also contains fixes from the previous patch. Some of those changes included:

- Added full Windows 8 compatibility

- Mozilla Firefox 18 compatibility

- Firefox cleanup settings turned off whenever launching and closing FF18 (thread)

- Browser settings appear grayed out & password manager option enabled (thread)

- Firefox 18 crashes when tabs are closed (thread)

- Performance enhancements for Internet Explorer 10

- Fixed a Symantec Service Framework error that may have occurred when changing firewall rules (forum thread)

- Fixed an issue where scanning large external hard drives showed only "1 file scanned"

- Fixed an issue where Identity Safe Cards fills the same locations for Country & County fields

- Corrected the Google Chrome-specific issue where Norton Toolbar does not load when Google Instant is ON (link)
- Corrected the issue where customer is logged out of IDS despite setting a log out time of 15 mins (link)
- Better handling of login sites where username / password span multiple inputs
- Corrected an issue where the Password field was getting saved with "Password" string instead of customer input
- Corrected the issue where All logins listed in toolbar didn’t get refreshed unless the open browser session was restarted
- Corrected the issue where it was unable to change Identity Safe password
- Long passwords are accepted in recent Online Vault UI (link)
- Corrected the issue where customers remain logged into Norton Account even though they had unchecked Remember Password option from Create New Norton Account UI
- Corrected the issue where customers were not prompted to fill the card details using the saved data in IDsafe in My Account page (link)
- Corrected the issue where customer’s login got filled in the Edit Phone Numbers page in capitalone.com
- Corrected the issue where Last Submitted Login got autofilled when trying to overwrite the filled login (link)
- Corrected the issue where Update Password infobar does not appear when password is attempted to change for a saved login

If you have any questions, feel free to let us know on the forums!  

Tony Weiss
Norton Forums Global Community Manager
Symantec Corporation
Regular Visitor
maplefan
Norton 360 backup files in online storage

Hello,

I’m using Norton 360 v20.2.1 and having a question about the backup files in online storage.

I have total 27GB of online storage(2GB from 360 and purchased 25GB later), and backup about 26GB of files there.  The subscription of my 360 ends in April and one for online storage also ends in August.

If I didn’t renew my subscription in April, what would happen to my backup files in online storage? I understand I can still access files from Norton Online Backup web portal, but after my 360 subscription ends, the total size of available online storage will be 25GB, right?  What would happen to my 26GB of backup files?

Would 1GB of files just deleted as 2GB of storage expires?  If so, what files would be the target, by backup date, by file size or at random?

Please help me to clear my questions.

Regards,

Maplefan

Kujiraya
Norton 360 blocked my internet access and now doesn't work

I renewed my Norton yesterday, paying for the Norton 360. After installing it, it restarted my laptop, but then I couldn't activate it because Norton blocked my Telstra (my ISP) mobile broadband internet access device. Today, Telstra helped me to revert Windows 7 to an earlier date, and now I can access the internet, but Norton isn't working. Nothing happens when I click on the Norton icon on my desktop. I tried to uninstall Norton using the Norton removal tool but it failed repeatedly. Renewing Norton has not been a success for me. Is there some way to get Norton to work or should I get a refund? I still had a month before my previous paid Norton was going to expire, and now I have renewed it with Norton 360, and neither the newly paid Norton 360 nor my yet to expire Norton works. I rang Tech support and was put on hold for more than 40 minutes, so I had to hang up. When I tried to ring the direct number I was given, it wasn't connected. When I rang Tech support again, I was told to ring back in 1 to 2 hours. Any advice on how I can get internet protection?

Visitor
pao13
Norton 360 Uninstall

Hi everyone

I have Norton 360 v6 which expires soon. I have bought Norton internet security.

I want to uninstall Norton 360. I know that there are many posts with this subject but i want to be sure.

First step, i download the norton removal tool

Second step, i uninstal norton 360

Third step, i use the removal tool

Final step i install the Norton internet security

Am i right?

Thanks and sorry for my english

limojohn
logons
[ Edited ]

How do I get rid of the folders in the vault, I want to have my logons in A to Z  order, not in folders

nevermind i figured it out

CecilieBaann
Productkey expired without use
I bought in 2008 Norton 360, and used it on my computer. I now want to use it on my new computer, but Live-chat-support tells me the productkey is expired. Why? This Product is supposed to be able to be used on up to three computers, and it says nothing about an expiration date
Posted from Facebook
sus
sus
Google Redirect Virus

My Windows7 laptop has been infected with the Google Redirect Virus.  Is it possible to get assistance here with removing it? The last time it happened, I paid Norton's team to remove it.  If it's going to keep happening, I need to learn how to remove it myself.  

Thank you. 

DavidStaten
Norton Double Billing

I upgraded to 360 Premier from 360 in Febuary of 2011. I just found out I am still getting billed for 360 in addition to 360 Premier! I was billed for both in 2011 and 2012. I assumed if you upgrade to a new product, the auto-renew for the old product would be discountinued.

I contacted customer service and they said if I didn't ask for a refund within 30 days of the charge, I can't get a refund. I consider these to be fraudulent charges, and I should not be punished for finding out my money was stolen from me outside of the "60 day" return policy. I argued with customer service and they finally said somone else would be getting in touch with me to discuss the issue. I have been waiting an hour.

I only found this error by checking my Norton order history today. I have been overcharged by $163.85 for 360 AFTER upgrading and paying for 360 Premier.

Has anyone else had this problem?

NicoleDuffey
Is there something wrong with the site? I can't log in error is that page is not available. plz help
Is there something wrong with the site? I can't log in error is that page is not available. plz help
Posted from Facebook
jidody
Using norton 360 but Windows 7 would not start

I have a 64bit system and use Windows 7. I also have Norton on my HP system.

The problem is three nights ago, I shut down my system without actually waiting to see it fully shut down. Then yesterday morning, i tried starting my system and windows would not start. I have tried the other options of restore but there was no restore point. the last known good configuration option also does nothing. The repair option also does not fix the problem.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/I-need-help-getting-my-Sony-Vaio-to-reboot-after-running-p...

https://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Need-help-getting-computer-to-boot-after-using-Power-Eras...

I saw from earlier post above that the frst64 tool can solve the problem. So I have done this and the  frst file is attached. please I need help on the way forward.

Thanks

Regular Contributor
antplus
Norton Exchange Mail account

Hello

I changed the mail from Hotmail to Gmail, and password, and upon entering my Norton account and look at the profile, billing and product history, I see that there is Norton 360 or Windows XP device, the otherwise if you get the product you recently bought Norton Mobile Security Lite, the Samsung S III Mini device 18190.

He has made clear that it was the first product in Hotmail, but then to renew Norton 360 and configure the web safe online, I do not recognize him, so I had to switch to gmail

As you can add all Norton products and devices in the new account.

Greetings.

Visitor
lobo
Disc optimisation
How can I turn disc optimisation off in 360 so that I can run the defrag in Win 7? I know that they do the same thing, but my computer has slowed right down and optimisation says that fragmentation is only 1% and therefor unnecessary. .

When I try to run defrag via Windows it won't run because 360 has taken this task over.
VincentLe
Norton 360 Inoperable Hardware Devices!!

What can I do to fix this problem? Please show me by steps thoroughly.

Visitor
KenRea
Got Norton Message - Your PC will be Vulnerable to Viruses

Opened Windows and I got a Norton Window down near the shelf saying - "You have turned off your Antivirus protection.  Your PC will be vulnerable to viruses and other threats."

However, I didn't turn if off and the Norton 360 windows shows everything Protected.

What's up???

Visitor
4knizes
WINRSCMDE nightmare...QUAD please help

Recently having trouble with file.  Have noticed numerous posts on here for help.  They all look a little different, so I figured I better ask for specific help.  I have Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit OPS.  Please help.

kristie911
No downloads available?!

I just renewed my Norton 360 and should have downloads for 3 computers.  I didn't download it on any of the previous computers but I'm showing no available downloads left.  I didn't want it on one of the laptops since I was buying a new one.  Now I have my new one and there are no downloads available.  When you renew, does it automatically renew on the previous computers?  What if that's not what I wanted?  There is no way to designate what computers you want the renewed product on?  I already paid for the downloads, and I cant afford to buy the product again.  And it's apparently renewed on a computer that doesn't even work anymore.  That download is worth more than the 9 year old Toshiba was. :(

Visitor
hwmpg
Recent Norton Update blocks a work website from opening

I am a member of NWMLS, a real state MLS in the State of Washington.  This morning, one of their websites did not open.  I called the MLS and the techs there said that the common theme of the many callers with this problem this morning was that they all had Norton Antivirus.  Since Norton is on all of my computers, I am unable to use this website for work. 

Techs at NWMLS said to enter *.realist.com SOMEWHERE on my anti-virus..........could not find any obvious locations in my antivirus to do this.  Anyone know where?

herb wright

frustrated2mch
norton utilities

when norton utilities cleans my computer every 2/3 days it loses my browsers when they are open and i have to start all over again how do i stop this happening i am new to computers so please tell it layman like.

Duncan_p
PC Tuneup module & Disk Optimization

Have just purchesed 360 & installed on Windows 8 Pro. The module subject app notes that it optimized the "System Reserved Drive." It does not state specifically that this is drive C:\ but all the other hdds are identified by letter.

My C:\ drive is an ssd. How do I inactivate/remove (or whatever) optimization for my drive C:\. If inactivating it for one drive is impossible, how do I remove disk optimization entirely? I could see no means to do this.

Visitor
NickPaling
N360, Win 7, Symantec Service Framework

Hi, I've reviewed and read everything i can find relevant to this subject.  I've also uninstalled 360, used NPE, Installed from disk, installed from account and ended up pretty much in the same place, touch somerthing and the framework crashes.

Hardware:- Dell Vostro laptop

IE 9 is default browser, although Chrome is installed

Norton 360

Initially installed and didn't crash until asked to do a live update.

Installed a one of the other copies of N360 on to another Dell vostro laptop running XP, works fine no issues.

Current state, following a norton remove and reinstall etc.

Initial run post install and reboot

Selected tasks, Liveupdate, completed sucessfully.

Click Tune up, Crashed so 

Run A

1. Boot PC

2. N360 starts, tray icon appears with green tick.

3. click on tray icon, N360 main dialog appears, ok

4. click on tune up, icon shifts vertically up ~8% of height of icon, N360 crashes with message #1

Symantec Service Framework has stopped working etc (#1).  Close program.

5. Main dialog disappears, tray icon still present

6. hover over tray icon it disappears.

Run B

1. reBoot PC

4. click on backup, icon shifts vertically up ~8% of height of icon, displays menu,

5. select backup details, N360 crashes with message #1

6. Main dialog disappears, tray icon still present

7. hover over tray icon it disappears.

Run C

1. reBoot PC

4. click on backup, icon shifts vertically up ~8% of height of icon, N360 crashes with message #1

Run D

1. reBoot PC

4. click on Identy, icon DOES NOT shift vertically up!, N360 crashes with message #1

Run E

1. reBoot PC

4. click on Security, icon DOES NOT shift vertically up!, N360 crashes with message #1

Run F

1. reBoot PC

4. click on Security, icon DOES NOT shift vertically up!, N360 crashes with message #1

Run G

1. reBoot PC

4. Click on tasks, live update, runs, completes sucessfully, (no updates present)

5. Click OK, N360 crashes with message #1

Prior to crash

Process, listed for User

ccSvcHst.exe is running with ~4,400K but no user name.

Processes, listed for All Users

ccSvcHst.exe is running with ~4,400K but no user name.

ccSvcHst.exe is running with ~7,500K with a peak at ~64,000K but no user name.

Post a crash

ccSvcHst.exe is running with ~10,500K but no user name.

The service N360 continues to run as a service, but Norton 360 will not restart from the menu. 

Any help would be gratefully received as at the moment Norton 360'sbehaviour is unfit for purpose and shouldn't have got by alpha testing.   And why is there the incosistancy with the Icons?  Minor detail possibly but could point to an underlying lack of standards.

Cheers

Regular Contributor
buoybells
Norton 360 Patch problems
[ Edited ]

My Action Center says the same thing, too.  It even fluctuates between saying I have no security turned on to Norton firewall and security is ON.  ?????? Every time I turn on my computer I never know what to expect out of the Action Center.  I've clicked on the part where you can highlight Norton and turn it on but that doesn't fix the problem either.  I do hope a solution comes soon.

[edit: Clarified subject.]

Regular Contributor
buoybells
Patch?

I reinstalled Norton 360 the other day, and during the Live Update I noticed a patch was being applied.  The problem is my WiFi connection dropped just as it was installing.  Therefore, how do I know if the patch was installed successfully?  I went to the Get Help and ran that.  It came back saying it fixed one issue but I have no idea what the fix was for.   I reinstalled it because I've been experiencing this stalling problem with the Full System scan.  It stalls while scanning the Microsoft apps for 2 Xbox games and has stalled during the Tuneup Activities also.  The reinstallation hasn't fixed the problem, and I'm still very perplexed.  Please Norton find a solution to this ongoing problem with the scanning.

Visitor
WesleySmith
Windows 8 & Norton 360

I upgraded my windows 7 laptop to windows 8 and then upgraded Norton to Norton 360, ever since then when I shut down the computer and then back on the Norton product doesn't work. It is still listed in my files but the Norton remove and reinstall says it is not there. When I double click on the icon nothing happens and then a little later it tries to initialize and then gives an error message. Can any one help.