Welcome!

Welcome to the Norton Forums! Scan the threads for topics of interest or create your own. For fastest results, use our search feature to find related conversations. Symantec employees also post here when they can. So don't be shy -- join the discussions!

Please read our Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service before using the community.

Contributor
amirsafari
invalid key

Hi ,

i purchased norton 360 multi-device .

it is for 5 Devices .

now i installed on 1 PC ( PC1 ) and 1 mobile .

then i register key on other PC . ( PC2 )

But interesting , becuase when i register key on PC2 , sudenlly PC1 show error " expired Trial and show invalid key " .

When i again active key on PC1 , then PC2 show this error .

then We again register key on PC 2 , again PC1 show this error .

i can not why any time register key on other PC , other PC show error and key exit from AV .

AV = norton 360 premium

Thanks ,

Regards ,

Security Expert : AntiVirus Support Center
Analysis AntiVirus Market .
Analysis sell & support & Adv policies AV companies .
Write more than 3000 Post on disna.ir about AntiVirus & Security Products & AntiVirus Companies Policies . www.disna.ir
jefarl
tumri.net has attached itself to my AOL software

POP up windows on top of eachother keep appearing when i try to use the write email function on my AOL software. I have tried to do the scans via Norton 360 and nothing comes up?

can anyone suggest a fix?

Contributor
Hespetreet
Accepted Solution
Please I think I need an expert- It's hard to explain
This is so complex that I should explain my problem as best I can, this has been going on for a long time, but no "experts" or programs have been able to help me so far I can not explain from the beginning, but how it has evolved through many months (I use google translator and hope that it translates properly.) the last month I have experienced (not right order) to be denied to uninstall various programs, some folders can not be opened and.. well it's so much more When I look at the properties (I know I'm not going to go into all folders) Unden tab security so I have only read and write permissions on lot's of them. Lately the mouse cursor suddenly started to live its own life, it can go the opposite way than what I want, open applications and become invisible, this only happens with mice, if I am careful I can manage to get it with the touch pad but usually it jumps to another edge or open it something else that I hover over. It is difficult to explain this,(I see that I repeat myself)  so I've attached pictures. The text is in Norwegian but I ar translated some of it, if anyone can Norwegian so it is best if they are reading.I have seen a case has the forum that describes my problem very well it's In Norton 360 page 7 righto now written 06.17.2014 0502 am by mefbux 680I really hope some of you are able to help me Best Regard I try to send pics to but it says that it must be - txt,log,lue,pdf are the valid extensions. How do I do that?
nrtnUK
Accepted Solution
Error 8506, 421 - recurring error on Toshiba L500

Hi,

I am using Norton for many years now. However very recently i have been having problem with error 8506, 421. when this happened for the first time last month, I  thought there might be an issue with my profile on my windows 7 laptop (Toshiba L500) so created a new profile.

After creating a new profile I followed the procedure mentioned  to remove Norton 360 and reinstalled. Norton 360 was opening fine. Today I have the same issue with my new profile as well. I have uninstalled Norton 360 and reinstalled several times but no success.

I have noticed that both the times, in Services option to start/stop norton service was disabled for me. Even with Administrator user on my laptop I cant start/stop this service. I believe the problem may be related to this as well.

Wil be great to have a solution this problem.

JGK
Visitor
JGK
Accepted Solution
I need to re-download the Version of 360 I purchased, I only get 360 Premier as a trial

I have been using Norton 360 for a number of years without complaint. Recently Norton stopped working, ie "unspecified error" message.  I decided to re-download the software.  I selected Norton 360, it downloaded and started. I was asked for the Product Key, so I dutifully entered the 25 character key and the reponse was that that key was for a different product, as THIS was Norton 360 Premier Edition trial version, NOT what I puchased which was regular N360.

I had the option to locate the product for the key that I have.  It downloaded and lo and behold it was the N360 Premier Edition,

Trial Version.

Next tact was to logon to MyAccount, go to my purchases, select the link for the product I ACTUALLY purchased.

So I downloaded that. No such luck, guess what, N360 Premier Edition trial version.

My original purchased product, complete with subscription expiry shows in MyAccount, which I can't get reinstalled and now I have this trial version of N360 Premier attached to my account and installed.

What the *&^%$# is going on.

Why can't I get what I paid for without so much hassle?

Contributor
TheFaceCirca39
Accepted Solution
Urgently Trying to Update Adobe Flash Player and Experiencing Difficulty
[ Edited ]

I'm in the process of uninstalling Adobe Flash Payer 14.0.0. which has greatly impeded my online experience with freezing, not opening graphics, and more. Up until this re-install of updated Adobe, which I have set to update automatically, but has not, but instead received email advising to update to v14.0.0.145, I had no problems whatsoever. I am terribly confused as to all various read information how-to, alerts, seemingly endless instructions to install with: google Chrome (?), or Firefox (?); or Internet Explorer (?), which I have onboard but do not use in general.  I have always used Firefox to install. I am comfortable with the steps to uninstall and update, but it is something other that is not allowing it  . . . could it be that Norton may be impeding the installation?

Therefore,  if anyone can sanction a definite step-by-step instruction insofar as Norton allowing this installation, I urgentlly need the information. Having said that, how does one on put a temporary pause on Norton Internet Security to download compatible software? Where is the link situated when opening the Norton Home Page, etc.?

One last important question concerning Norton Vault: The banner or toolbar pops up requesting a password, which to my knowledge I've never set, unless it is virtually my password set for Norton.com? It appears there is a password as there is a dotted entry reflected. I cannot seem to navigate to where I can resolve this issue within Norton.

Thanks in advance!

vnet1028
Moving Norton 360 subscription to replacement laptop

I have a Norton 360 subscription that is up for renewal in Oct 2014.

I am licensed for 3 installs and have no available installs remaining.

I currently have it install on a desktop PC and a laptop.

I am replacing the laptop and want to move the subscription to the new laptop.

Do I have to purchase a new product key ?   It says it is good for 1 year on 3 PC's.

How does this impact my upcoming renewal ?

I'm confused about how to handle this. If someone could provide some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Visitor
norarth
I too cannot get rid of Iminent and cannot figure why Norton can't help.

I've uninstalled it from the list of programs, but the toolbar remains in place and I thnk it's causing other problems.Norton Power eraser hasn't done the trick. Spy hunter 4 identifies over 400 items ripe for removal, but then wants to charge for doing so. There's obviously different definitions of malware/dangers etc at play here. In tryimng to get rid of this item I've obviously made things worse as Internet Explorer is now showing up as Blank Page. I'm in a downward spiral !!

Thanks for looking at this.All suggestions welcome.Norman

Regular Contributor
rao
Norton 360 or Norton 360 Multi-Device - renew subscription questions

At present I have Norton 360 Premier Edition.I would like to know the renew process with the following software.

1.  Norton 360 -  key the code for the renew on the screen.

2. Norton 360 Multi-Device - should I uninstall and install the software or can I key the code for renew on the screen.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1, IE 11, Norton 360 Premier Edition 21.3.0.12

please advice how to renew my subscription.

thank you

rao

Visitor
clearcomms82
"FakeID" Warning

I just received a warning regarding the "FakeID" App.  As the warning appears to relate to Android systems, and I run a Windows PC, why am I getting this (potentially confusing) message which invites me to download a utility which I assume I won't be able to use anyway?

Djvenny
Complaints
Customer Service at Norton is horrendous. Waited 30 minutes on phone before hanging up to try the web chat. Started as 12th in queue, then 11th, 9th, 8th,7th 6th, 4th, 3rd.....oh sorry we have terminated your query as we have no one available to answer it!! So decided to wait it out on the phone. Call eventually answered after 31 minutes on hold. Not surprisingly, I cancelled my automatic subscription. When I asked how I complain about the service I was told to post on here! Having worked in customer service all my life I gave always thought that companies are supposed to resolve customer complaint as soon as possible - not tell customers to advertise the issues they have experienced on the World Wide Web! Given my recent experience am not expecting anyone from Norton to be interested in my comments or customer experience!
Visitor
jgyhra5743
How do I stop popups and desktop icons hijacked

How do I stop popups even though my popup blocker in Mozilla Firefox is turned on and no exceptions.  Do I have Malware?  I have tried running Norton Power Erase and it has not stopped the problem.  Also, my desktop icons have been hijacked and no longer go to correct website but rather a search engine.  Help!

Regular Visitor
sulka
Accepted Solution
Firefox 31 support - Norton Toolbar

I have Firtefox 31 and Norton Security Suite 21.3.0.12 from Comcast. I have read on the forums, from a Norton Forums Administrator, that my version of Norton is compatible with Firefox, but my toolbar is disabled. I ran Live Update, restarted Firefox, and rebooted my computer, but Norton Toolbar does not work. I have called Norton's tech help twice. The first time I was told it is compatible and should work, and the second time, I was told that it is not compatible. What is the truth?

Contributor
socialprincess
Accepted Solution
Large update today?

Norton live update was 251 mb from just yesterday. Why so large??

Visitor
pmeyer
Why can't you fix the error 8506, 421 problem?

Now Norton is reporting that there is no fix for Lenovo laptops. What are we supposed to do?  Is Norton 360 useless?

Visitor
billsmiths1
Spigot.inc and potential PUP(s)

Hi
We have found some Spigot.inc nonsense on our Vista Ultimate desktop.

We managed to uninstall all but 2 files, one is from Spigot.inc, is called "Uninstall" and the properties > Details tab has the Product Name: Search Protection Setup it is 488KB and is located in C > ........ > AppData > Roaming > Search Protection.  

I don't know where the other file is located and Control Panel identifies the other file as "Browser Extensions" (1.82 MB). Our attempts to uninstall this application with the Windows Uninstaller returns a NSIS ERROR.

We ran a Malearebytes scan which identified 13 Spigot.inc files which we have quarantined.  So, what to do? net searches suggest the "Uninstall" application has a high probability of being a trojan, do we just delete/shred it?

What to do now does any body have ideas/suggestions?

Regards.

Contributor
vsnmx2
Accepted Solution
Available Installs: None (Need Help)

When I downloaded my current version of Norton 360, I was running a Dell computer. After having that PC for about 7 years, I decided to buy a new desktop.

Then, late last September, I bought a new computer, an HP computer, which arrived in October. Once I got the new (HP) computer set up, I download from my account 360 and installed it. Four days later, the new (HP) computer died on me!  

So I called HP and they remotely diagnosed it and confirmed the computer was no good. They told me to send it back and they would send me a replacement, same model, new computer.

So once again, after I got the replacement computer set up, I again downloaded and installed Norton 360. Well, I had a lot of problems with that (replacement) computer as well. I had to uninstall/reinstall the OS twice, which meant each time I had to download and install Norton 360 each time.

Well, to make a long story short, after a battle with HP, eight months after receiving the second (faulty) computer, I finally got HP to agree to buyback the their computer from me for what I paid for it.

So I just bought another a new computer, another Dell. It is due to arrive Friday. Naturally, I will need to download and install Norton 360 on it once I get it set up.

The problem is when I go to "my account" page, under "Available Installs" it says "None," although the download button is there.

Norton360.jpg

So I am assuming it is going to tell me I need to buy another key. But the problem that it wasn't like I was intentionally installing this on different computers. The first HP computer I bought died after only 4 days. The second (replacement) HP computer I had for only about eight months before getting HP to agree to buy it back. So while technically in the past eight months it could be claimed I had two computers, in fact I only had one, as, again, the first one died after only four days, and the second one was a replacement for that computer. I can provide documentation proving this, but wouldn't know who to send it to or where, or what documentation would be needed. For instance I could forward the letter from HP where they agree to buyback the 2nd HP computer, but it contains personal information so I don't just want to send it to anyone.

So are they going to try to force me another key? I've never had much luck with Norton support, as they seem to work off a script and I am always directed to pages that to even apply to my problem or issue. Probably most people here know what I mean...that's why you're here! :smileywink:

Is there a number I can call, where I can speak directly to a human being, because describing something like this in a chat is almost impossible. I realize my license come with 3 installs, but it's not like I was installing 360 on three different computers intentionally, it was beyond my control. I'm hoping Norton will understand and work with me, considering I've been a steady customer for some 10 years!

So if anybody has any suggestions, telephone numbers, solutions. etc., I would appreciate it! :manhappy:

Thank you in advance.

Contributor
vsnmx2
Accepted Solution
I Cannot Delete "Default Set" from Norton Online Backup

I go to Norton Online Backup (https://nobu.backup.com/session/new) and click "sign in." After I click "sign in," I am taken to the Window where I enter in my sign credentials, then click "sign in."

There, on the page "My Devices," a picture of a PC is shown and listed is:
(name)-PC: Default Set

This "Default Set" is using "40% of 2 GB," only leaving me only 60% of my 2GB.

Now, I had thought I deleted my "Default Set" by opening up 360, going to "Backups," then "Manage Backup Sets," and deleting that set after I had created a new set, because it would not allow me to delete a set unless I had at least two sets.

So I deleted the "Default Set" but it still remains online, taking up my 40% of my storage space. I cannot figure another way to delete it. It no longer appears in Norton 360 (on my PC), so I can't delete it from there, and there's no delete button or option to delete on the "My Devices" page at Norton Online Backup.

Surely there must be some way to delete this unwanted backup set? Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. :)

Regular Contributor
Nanaha
Accepted Solution
New error message 8505,129

Sorry for the new posting but I have a different problem now.

Uninstalled and reinstalled, now there is no Internet on my laptop.

Tried to activate Norton and it gives me this error message 8505,129. My Internet is O.K. on my other PC's and Tablets. Not sure what to do next?

Now My Norton Icon on the taskbar disappeared and I can't open Norton at all.  :( Also the Norton short cut on the desktop will not open.

NanaH

Regular Contributor
fjk1
chrome 64bit

good day all,

is there any plans  on making the norton toolbar compatable with the new 64 bit chrome browser if so any ideal when?

thank you ...fred

Regular Contributor
g_cafe_c
Virus definitions not being downloaded & installed - all morning
[ Edited ]

All morning done LiveUpdate a few times; but the virus definitions are not being downloaded nor installed.  Current widespread?  or just me?

-----

Only a temporary problem.  Now just took the full available liveupdates without any failures.

Regular Contributor
rao
Accepted Solution
Norton 360 Premier Edition – 25 GB - discontinued - please advice

Norton 360 Premier Edition – 25 GB  - This product has been discontinued by Symantec.

My Norton 360 Premier Edition 21.3.0.12 expires on September 1, 2014.

Please advice which Norton  product to buy to extend my subscription

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1, IE 11, Norton 360 Premier Edition 21.3.0.12

Thank You

Rao

Regular Contributor
Nanaha
Error 8921,240

Norton 360 21.4.0.13. on a w 8.1 Laptop. Every thing else is working except Live update.

Search for this error message but I was not able to find a resolution. Used the Norton fix it, and it said ...Not able to resolve this issue. Is there another way to correct this issue besides a reinstall? If so is it best to use the NRT and then Download a fresh copy

of 360 ?

Thank you,

Nanah

Visitor
dusty11
upgraded to windows 8.1 and ever since, when running Norton 360, I get an error 3038,104.

the automatic 'fix' report says that Symatic is working on the problem in the meantime just make modifications to the windows quick start menu and you will be fine.  Is this the only option?  Thanks and CHEERS!!

Administrator
Sunil_GA
Norton Toolbar Guidelines for Web Pages, To Insure Web Page Layout is Not Distorted

This post has been moved to "Norton Toolbar / Norton Identity Safe" board for better exposure.

Contributor
granny75
Accepted Solution
Norton 360 running constantly

I have Norton 360 Multi-device, ver 21.4. on Windows 7.1. I have noticed that it is running constantly, every few seconds. I have 14 pages of "Full History"  from 12:18 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.  It is dropping my internet connections & reconnecting.  After reconnecting, every exe file I have says it is trying to connect to the internet. This does not include all the other activity it runs, ie: Norton Comm. Watch, Live Update, etc.  This activity started in July, with several entries a day, to this constant activity. What could be wrong?  Would appreciate someone's help. Thanks!

SMT
SMT
Why when I use Norton do I see 17+ gig of packets sent and only 56K received?

I believe that n360.exe is uploading massive quantities of data. When I uninstall Norton this uploading ceases?

Administrator
Sunil_GA
i have norton security 2014 but norton toolbar on firefox31 not working

This post has been moved to "Norton Toolbar / Norton Identity Safe" board for better exposure.

bubbalooy
Can I download backed up data to my repaired hard drive. If so, how?

I recently dropped my laptop and the hard drive was broken.  I am having a new hard drive installed but my data on the broken one is not recoverable.  Can I download my backed up data to my repaired laptop and, if so, how?

mafoji
Why my software application is not getting an update on machine with norton antivirus installed?

Hi, I have a software installed on our users machine that is having a problem of not getting an update and then not working after. We have to reinstall the software to get the update. It is happening only to all our users that have Norton installed on their machine. I need a help that may be there something that we need to refigure on the norton's settings to make it work and will allow our software to be updated and works properly without any problem. 

Any help is very much appreciated. We want our customers to keep their Norton antivirus and at the same time our software works.

Thanks in advance,

Anthony