Welcome!

Welcome to the Norton Forums! Scan the threads for topics of interest or create your own. For fastest results, use our search feature to find related conversations. Symantec employees also post here when they can. So don't be shy -- join the discussions!

Please read our Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service before using the community.

man630
Restored Itune songs won't transfer back to my Itune song list/folder

Some Itune songs were deleted from my daughters Itunes  song list/folder by mistake. Computer was backed up with Cd's. I tried restoring the files/songs with the N360 back-up restore. I found all the songs but I can't get them transferred back to the Itunes folder. I used the custom setting on N360 and sent the restored songs to Itunes (didn't transfer) and Itunes Media ( didn't transfer) N360 Chat room  told me to turn off the firewall and antivirus, this didn't work. Any guidance appreciated.

Visitor
keiwah18
I think Norton 360 on the market for long time. Why these tech people think a better way to reinstal

I am a loyal Norton customer.

The "lost Norton toolbar happen very often". Why Norton tech people think a better way to make your customer easy to reinstall th toolbar. I try to void unistall and reinstall the norton softwear, inorder to get toolbar back.

shannons
Topics: 50
Kudos: 115
Solutions: 8
Identity Safe Backup

Moved to Norton Toolbar/Identity Safe Board for better exposure.

Visitor
ridgerunner
Accepted Solution
Live Update of 21.2.0.38 Norton 360 completed. Restored to earlier time. No Live update again.

The Live Update of 21.2.0.38 Norton 360 completed in my PC. I had to restore my PC to an earlier time. Now Live Update does not download 21.2.0.38 version.

Regular Visitor
yami_aherwar
Using Norton 360 crashes my laptop
[ Edited ]

I have windows 7 home premium 64 bits. Recently I installed Norton 360 and after using disk optimization my laptop kept crashing and even on using any of the options from the Norton.

I formatted my laptop and again reinstalled. It worked fine for 1-2 days and then again my laptop crashed and shows me blue screen every now and then even if I don't start and program and keep it idle with even opening Norton and even when I tried to open Norton it didn't open. 

So used NPE (Norton power eraser), it displayed that my laptop had old version of java so I uninstalled the old java and installed the latest version. After this Norton ran on my laptop but again when I used disk optimization and backup on my laptop crashed and showed a blue screen. i have not used any other option because of crashing problem.

Please tell me what to do?

Visitor
dennphill
Like dkrit, I, too, want to get rid of AdChoices. Answers like from Master 'Super Trojan...

...Terminator' dickevans don't help because just giving a listing of addtional AV programs just doesn't answer the question.

I'd gladly PAY to not have AdChoices keep appearing.  I, too, have a many (MANY!!!) year relationship with Peter Norton and now Symantec, and my Norton 360 is again about to expire next month.  It doesn't seem like it's rocket science for the experts that are behind Norton 360 to offer us an option to termanate AdChoices (and similar pop-ups (and pop-unders?)) from roosting on our PCs.

I have done the drills repeatedly with opting out of AdChoices, then going into programs and uninstalling and even registry actions to get rid of AdChoices, but let me order something from Amazon - or just view a ceiling light on build.com, for example - and 'poof', I am again continuously seeing AdChoices on nearly every browser screen with the light or the Amazon product.

ANY HELP?

adriarobi
technical help in my computer

Hi

How safe is it when technicians with Norton go into your computer to fix something? I keep hearing about how gullible people are with their computers. .

What protections are there?

Thanks

Visitor
NathanielA
Norton and TaskInfo -- Keep getting Open Process Token messages every 2 seconds or so.

I generally like 360, but one of my programs, TaskInfo by IARSN keeps sending the above message. Any ideas?

Thanks,

NathanielA

Contributor
Melissa_Confuse
TuneUp - Turn off N360 deleting all your Temporary Microsoft Registry and Windows Desktop documents

Hello Community,

I am not too sure that you may be able to assist me - But noticed that in the TuneUp section of the N360 that there is an option for the Tasks Scheduling and the fact that I noticed that after a period that my desktop is not showing the temporary files that I previously had showing.

I have the hidden files as to be shown in the Windows Folders section - so not a Windows issue.

Can someone please assist me in ensuring that I have have the correct settings so that in future that N360 does not delete any of my temporary files as they may contain fragments of my large documents. I am not computer savvy and sure - but I like to keep as much history as possible and back up on my system at the moment.

N360 21.1.1.18  disk optoz.JPGfull screen melissa.JPGwindows internet report.JPGwindows tasks.JPGwindows temp report.JPG

Regular Contributor
bc596
Refund

I can not connect to Live Chat or even get a phone number to get a refund.  I purchased N360 in the norton store.  What ashould I do?

ajc5048
New 360 install from disc.

When I update Norton 360 from a store-bought disc, will the login info and passwords in my current VAULT be absorbed by the new install?

Thanks...  Albert  (ajc5048)

Visitor
HeartThrobs
Accepted Solution
Scan says Virus and On-Demand Scan says No Virus

A back-up folder created on 2013-01-04 was flagged as having a virus. This folder has been scanned many times by Norton and this is the first notification I've received. When I did an On-Demand Scan it says there are zero risks. Is this an issue with Norton? Which do I believe?

Screen shot of messages - https://www.dropbox.com/s/a83g75nib27rkxt/Screenshot%202014-03-19%2015.33.36.png

Contributor
JohnLumb
Accepted Solution
What is this error message

I ran a QuickScan after doing a System Restore on my Win7.  It went well except for a pop up:

QuickScan-x64 - System Error

The program can't start because IL_TIFF_x65.fmt is missing from

your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

What is this?  What program?  I Googled this IL-TIFF...etc and could't find a good answer.  TIFF is related to photography.  I have Photoshop Elements 11 installed but it starts OK.

John

Custom computer, Win7Ultimate on one hard drive, Ubuntu 12.04 on a 2nd. Office 2010 and Norton 360 on the Win7 drive.
chris-quinn
Accepted Solution
How can I print the monthly reports or view in a non Norton file?

I have pulled up the monthly reports but, when I save them they are in a file i can not read. I also would like to print them.

Thank you please let me know if you need more info.

Visitor
martifostr
Accepted Solution
Trouble copying Identity Safe data to new computer

Hello. I am having trouble copying Identity Safe data to my new computer. I created a .npm file on the old computer, following instructions from Norton forums. I saved the file to an external drive which I then connected to the new computer. 

I set up a Vault on the new computer and imported the .npm file from the external drive. I received a success message. 

I then looked at the vault and there were no identity cards and no logins. I tried this a few times, having to delete the vault and redefine it each time. Still no success.

I saw somewhere in Norton that .npm is an old backup method, but I have an old version of Norton on my old PC. Because of other issues with it, I do not want to try upgrading Norton on it if at all possible. The Norton I am using on both PC's was supplied by Comcast, my Internet provider.

Thanks for your help and time, MARTI

Super Contributor
notusedupyet
Accepted Solution
Norton Engine version 21.2.0.38

I recently received the engine update. There is no announcement of it.  It seems to also have the latest version of the toolbar. The toolbar now has 3 dots at the end for settings, and the desktop icon for Norton was not updated, it still pointed to the old version. Each time I open Firefox i am asked if I want to use "Norton Safesearch" I do not. Will this eventually stop?

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.
-Albert Einstein-
morgancab
norton 360 causes my computer to crash.

Norton 360 causes my computer to go to blue screen.   This started last year and I deleted it from my computer.   Tried to reinstall since I have a paid subscription and within 10 minutes it crashed again.  

shannons
Topics: 50
Kudos: 115
Solutions: 8
Norton Safe search doesn't show any icons
Regular Visitor
sladdler
Accepted Solution
Windos 8 security

Hi All,
Maybe a bit cheeky to ask this on the Norton forum:smileyhappy:, but I have the 3 machine subscription and having got the wind-up about XP support ending, so I am looking at a new 8 / 8.1 machine.

I will need to run the Norton on my old vista laptop and will keep the Norton running on the old XP  “just in case” but do I need to load Norton onto my new machine as I have read that 8 comes with built in security now?

Any opinions would be welcome please.

azonie
renewed Norton 360 under wrong email

I just renewed my Norton 360 and while it does show 367 days left on both computers it turns out I renewed under a diff email that what I was signed in under before.  How do I get renewal under prior email

Regular Contributor
bc596
Wrong Message

Hello,

I just came back to Norton and installed 360.  I ran the update several times and it appears to have installed several patches, but it till shows version 21.1.00,18.  The download center says I have the latest version.  I tried it autocratically and manually.  Am I doing something wrong?

Again, it's Norton 360, I'm using it on an ASUS laptop with Windows 7, 64 bit, SP1.

Appreciate the help.

BC

therich944
How can I create a copy of my backup to store off site?

I've recently purchased a second 2TB external USB drive to allow me to rotate backups between the 2 disks; taking one off-site after a successful backup, then rotating them the next week (I run weekly backups).  I've noticed I had to edit my backup configurations each time, but am also concerned that I'm getting a fully-recoverable backup on each disk.  For example, if I backup file.txt on one disk, then rotate will file.txt also backup to the 2nd drive.  I guess put more simply, does Norton support rotating backup drives?

Visitor
mischiew
Your PC requires disk optimization to improve performance

Why am I bothered with such messages?

Firstly, I'm buying Norton to be protected against malware, I have no use of all the annoying things around like performance monitoring, backup, cleanup of all sorts, regular invading reports, opinion of the community on my downloads, and whatever else is poured into this monstrous system that eats up more and more resources instead of quietly doing what it should.

Then the settings are clearly set to "Performance monitoring:  Off".

I had to take N360 because with the other, simpler Symantec products, I'm getting even more messages on cookies being so suspicious, on the applications I'm compiling with gcc being probably trojan horses or at the very least worth deleting immediately, and without any possibility to tell Norton to leave me alone about those false positives. And now this, is there a new product (Norton 720?) I have to buy in order to be left alone? Is that another kind of devious marketing incentive?

I sincerely hope there's an easy answer to my simple question, because I have another I'm contemplating seriously - changing completely of protection system. I'm already a bit annoyed that for an extra PC, I have to buy 3 more licences - and if I do that from Norton itself, I have to pay even more than simply buying from the Norton website (probably the price of already being a long-time customer?).

... And of course now we have to post those questions in forums, because there is no direct support. Progress.

PS: "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.". LOL.

Mohan_G
Topics: 156
Kudos: 182
Solutions: 26
Product Suggestion
camillamullins
.how to download on to my kindle fire hd 8.9

How do I download onto my kindle fire hd 8.9

Visitor
bobowyc
Uninstall-Reinstall

Hi, as stated above in my subject, I am currently running windows 7 32 bit on my pc. Currently, i want to have a clean install of windows 7 64 bit. My question is, when I uninstall Norton 360, will i be able to reinstall back on my windows 7 64 bit? I have 143 days remaining on my subscription. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Visitor
pixelclouds
Norton AntiVirus freezes my laptop

I have installed NortonAntivirus 2013, and after i try to open it I obviously click it but the program wont open, later after a few tries it does open but my whole laptop freezes and I have to click the power button to turn it off then on. I t will also freeze if a notification from Norton pops up

What should it do? It's really annoying especialy when I'm trying to get my homework done.

Visitor
2strokedout
What products do I need

Not sure what product to get. A little about my needs or usage. Wife android and tablet, uses facebook mostly. 13 year old son I- phone, dosen't use much but sure he will.  Me laptop android phone, travel for work so use wi fi  surf internet and on line purchases. None of us are techie. any sugestions will be apreciated. Looking over the website with all the different products just seems to confuse me more.

Contributor
jmichae3
bug: 360 prevents adding a 2nd computer in traffic rules, network printer fails
[ Edited ]

norton 360 offers the ability to add multiple computers, but only allows 1. when you add a second, it says "you already have added this computer".

AND

when you try to create another rule to work around it with a rule of a different name, it says "you alredy created a rule with the name "(previousrule)". and refuses to allow you to create more rules.

if this has anything to do with product being 28 days out to expiration, this should be stopped. suddenly my printer has stopped working, and I think it's norton.

on the machine which doesn't have norton, printing works. on the machine wtih norton, printing fails and I get x's for certtain printer icons, etc. this is a network printer.  the traffic rules functionality is broken and my product has not expired yet. but I am getting renew dialog boxes. so it makes me wonder if norton disabled my stuff on putpose in order to get me to buy a month early (selling 12 months of product) subscription while giving 11).

the printer is an HP officejet pro 8500 a909g wireless.  maybe this happened due to a recent liveupdate, but I don't know for sure.  it could even be a windows uypdate that did this. the HP software (14.301 full) for windows 7 x64 doesn't work anymore somehow, it sees the printer, but at one point during the printer install it puts up a big red X. I HAD all the network ports unblocked, but those firewall rules seem to have disappeared and I am not allowed to make new ones. this is bad. please fix.

thanks. I am guessing it's norton. I did work around the hp software and got the printer working by using windows' built-in drivers.

---------------------------------------------
i7-3970x 64GiB 2x4TB, 1x256TB SSD win7ult64sp1retail

Visitor
morthrop
Norton 360 Premier Live Update Issue

Hello everyone,

New user, first post... I've tried looking up some of the other issues relative to my own, but haven't had any success, so I figured the best thing to do would be to create a new topic.

I'm having a problem with my LiveUpdate. When I try to run LiveUpdate, it says that a session is already running, and when I click the Norton Autofix tool, I get error codes 8921, and 245. Needless to say, the Norton Autofix tool doesn't resolve the issue. I have tried restarted my computer to no avail. I am running Windows 7, 64 bit. My Norton 360 Premier version is 21.1.0.18.

If there is any other information you need or anything else I can add that might help, please let me know. This issue has been happening for about three days or so.