Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
scoobydoowantsu
Accepted Solution

browser settings keep turning off

hi, me again, my norton browser protection keeps turning itself off.
PapauZ
Topics: 391
Kudos: 1,023
Solutions: 374

Re: browser settings keep turning off

Which Norton product and version (main window -> Help & Support -> About, find something like this: 16.5.0.135), what OS and Service Pack, and which browser and version are you having this problem.
Thanks.
PapauZ

Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Pro x64 Hungarian, Norton 360 v21.2.0.38

Contributor
scoobydoowantsu

hi, i am not very good on computers ata ll, so you might have to bear with me.

i have norton 360 2.0

i have windows vista.

i have just sorted a mayor trojan and globalroot problem with the guys on here and everthing is fine, not sure if this browser problem is related?

Volunteer
yogesh_mohan

Hi scoobydoowantsu,

If you have an active subscription for your Norton 360 v2 program, you can get the latest version- Norton 360 V3 which is more efficient and powerfull.  Go to your Norton Account using this LINK and get the Product Key. You may require this same Product Key for activating the Norton 360 V3 program. You can use the Upgrade Center for installing Norton 360 V3 upgrade. When you install Norton 360 V3, the Norton installer will automatically detect and remove the previous versions if it is present. When you install the update, it will remove your previous Norton 360 V2 and apply the subscription information to Norton 360 V3 program. You can continue using the new version by just renewing the subscription when the current subscription expires. After installing the Norton 360 V3 program, run a LiveUpdate repeatedly until you see the message "No more updates..." and then a full system scan. Check the browser protection in the new upgrade.

Yogesh

Contributor
scoobydoowantsu

ok, thank you, i am trying that now
Contributor
scoobydoowantsu

hi, right i have installed the v3, i will let you know tomorrow if it has worked, thank you.

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Did you have Malwarebytes etc. remove what it found in terms of trojans as you stated in your last thread.

Quads 

Contributor
scoobydoowantsu

hi quads, thank you so much for your help in the last thread, you must be the busiest guy on earth.

browser  and the whole pc are fine thanks to you guys, cant thank you enough, if you're ever in the uk pop in for a beer.

simon