Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
carl88
Accepted Solution

cant run file cleanup

when I try and run file cleanup I get this message - another instance of this task is running. Please wait until it is finished. There is no other task running and I have been getting this message for 2 weeks. I cant clean/delete any files relating to Windows temp files or Internet Explorer temp files and browsing history. Everything else is running fine so I am a bit puzzled. Any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated.

peterweb
Kudos: 1,370
Solutions: 343

Re: cant run file cleanup

Hi carl88

Do you leave your computer on 24/7? If you do, a reboot may fix your issue.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Symantec Employee
HarryP

If the problem persists, let us know the version of Norton product you use, your Operating System and a screenshot of the error. This would help us to determine the issue further.

Thanks,

HarryP

Visitor
carl88

Thanks guys - yes I do tend to leave my computer on 24/7. Reboot worked perfectly but then threw up another issue. There is a folder with Norton Installer as main and something called Nobu64 AgentService and Nobu64 boost interprocess. I cant delete either file. They are both related to Norton/Norton Installer in some way. Any idea what they are?

peterweb
Kudos: 1,370
Solutions: 343

carl88 wrote:

Thanks guys - yes I do tend to leave my computer on 24/7. Reboot worked perfectly but then threw up another issue. There is a folder with Norton Installer as main and something called Nobu64 AgentService and Nobu64 boost interprocess. I cant delete either file. They are both related to Norton/Norton Installer in some way. Any idea what they are?

Those are the installation files that are downloaded with the first installation of a version of 360. They are there so you do not have to download them again if you need to reinstall for some reason.

Are you logged in with administrator rights? If not, that could be why you cannot delete them.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.