Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
reaverone

ctfmon.exe help needed

[ Edited ]

i jsut want make shure i am safe i have done a tone of scan no virus or nothing every time this happen it is blocked but this is what the scan i just want make shure i dont have to worry about this??? the actor wasc:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe the target was C:\program Files\Norton 360\Engine\3.0.0.135\MCU32exe Action was send termanate message to windows and reaction was unauthorized Action blocked

[edit: Changed subject for clarity.]

Message Edited by shannons on 08-12-2009 08:34 PM
Volunteer
yogesh_mohan

Re: need little more help

ctfmon.exe is a process belonging to Microsoft Office Suite. It activates the Alternative User Input Text Input Processor (TIP) and the Microsoft Office XP Language Bar. The common reason for legimate and safe applications like ctfmon.exe to trigger this action(Access Blocked) is careless programming. The ctfmon.exe tries to gain a write acess to Norton program file(MCU32exe) even though it only need read access, which is a common wamalware behavior. So, ctfmon.exe could also be a process which is registered as a trojan that allows attackers to access your computer from remote locations, stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal data. Considering this security risk, Norton blocks it's access even if the file is legit one.
Contributor
reaverone

ok then what should do am i safe as is meaning just leave it alone as long it get blocked it can get my info right i have no clew how get rid of it the only thing i could do that i know would work is to take everthing out my computer and format it with boo disk will this work?
Contributor
reaverone

ctfmon.exe help needed PLEASE HELP

[ Edited ]

THI IS WHAT I WROTE FIRST  i just want to make shure i am safe i have done a tone of scan no virus or nothing every time this happen it is blocked but this is what the scan i just want make shure i dont have to worry about this??? the actor wasc:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe the target was C:\program Files\Norton 360\Engine\3.0.0.135\MCU32exe Action was send termanate message to windows and reaction was unauthorized Action blocked

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is what i wrote second

ok then what should do am i safe as is meaning just leave it alone as long it get blocked it can get my info right i have no clew how get rid of it the only thing i could do that i know would work is to take everthing out my computer and format it with boot disk will this work?  i realy need some help i realy dont have clue of what ctfmon.exe is there any way getting rid of it or am i safe way i am or shold i use my boot disc reainstall all of it ????? i just ran a malwarebytes Anti-malware program and it seem to be doing same thisn i am starting to think this may be how norton 360 ver 3.0 works it may be nothing at all could this be true? it seems to block certain programs as log as they are blocked i am safe right? or should i just reainstall everything from boot disk?

Message Edited by reaverone on 08-13-2009 06:27 AM
Volunteer
yogesh_mohan

You don't have to do anything else now. As Norton is detecting and blocking the risk, you don't have to worry about this. Your computer is totally protected and secure.
Contributor
reaverone

Re: ctfmon.exe help needed PLEASE HELP

ok i thank you for your help :smileyvery-happy: