Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
domi7851

error 3048, 3

I have been getting error 3048, 3 multiple times. I proceeded to follow the instructions by doing a norton power eraser scan. It found nothing. I then did a full system scan and a malwarebytes system scan and also found nothing. I then used the norton removal/reinstall and got a new copy of norton 360. I proceeded to update it. I was in the process of doing a reputation scan on the computer when it started giving me the same error again. I have exhausted all the options that I know of. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

peterweb
Kudos: 1,177
Solutions: 305

Re: error 3048, 3

domi7851 wrote:

I have been getting error 3048, 3 multiple times. I proceeded to follow the instructions by doing a norton power eraser scan. It found nothing. I then did a full system scan and a malwarebytes system scan and also found nothing. I then used the norton removal/reinstall and got a new copy of norton 360. I proceeded to update it. I was in the process of doing a reputation scan on the computer when it started giving me the same error again. I have exhausted all the options that I know of. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

What version of 360 are you using? Support - About

What operating system are you using?

Using the Norton Removal and Reinstall tool may not be enough. The Norton Removal Tool does a more thorough removal in case there are remnants that can be causing issues.

Download the Norton Removal Tool from here   www.norton.com/nrt
If you use Identity Safe, backup/export your data. Do this twice...Once in DAT format, once in CSV format.
Uninstall your Norton product with Windows control panel.
Reboot.
Run the Norton Removal Tool.
Reboot.
Click on the Download button beside your current product subscription. This will download and install a preactivated copy of your product.
Run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.
Import your Identity Safe data.

Let us know if this helps.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
domi7851

Re: error 3048, 3

I used norton removal and then installed a fresh copy and everything seems fine so far. Thanks for the advice. By the way my system is windows 7 home professional and norton 360 v 6. Thanks again for the help.