Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
rob73
Accepted Solution

installing norton 360 on a new computer

I am unable to install Norton 360 Premier v5 on a new laptop (2nd. computer). The product installed successfully on my first computer, but will not install on the second. The laptop came with a 1 month trial of McAfee, which I have removed. What should I do?

Thank you

Yaso_Kuuhl
Kudos: 1,438
Solutions: 528

Re: installing norton 360 on a new computer

[ Edited ]

Hi rob73,

Please try running the McAfee removal tool (MCPR.exe), and then try to install Norton 360 again. It's possible that there are still bits of McAfee remaining on your computer if you removed it only via the control panel.

McAfee removal tool (MCPR.exe) and instructions:

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

Please tell us if this helps :-)

Contributor

If you have already unistalled Mcafee then you can simply go to the website www.norton.com/downloads and download the norton program and get it activated with the product key.

You can also go to www.nortonaccount.com and sign in with the email address and password and if you dont know what the password is then there is also an option for recovering the password.

When you get an access to norton account, you can view the download button on the left and which you can use to download and install the norton program. Also you will get the option to renew, update information, view product key, etc.

If facing any issue can reply to this post..

Sometimes when you get disappointment... it makes you stronger...!!!
Contributor
rob73

I'm afraid not. I've done as you suggested. I get to the products  page, click download. I am taken back to the sign-in page, then immediately back to products page again

Contributor
rob73

My last reply was to the first response. I'll try the 2nd. suggestion!

Contributor
rob73

Still the same problem. I can get to the account page, but when I click the download button, it fails.

yank
Kudos: 2,229
Solutions: 510

Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for trying the step. You need to get an access to norton account by getting a new password if you don't know what the password is.

Or else you can simply go to www.norton.com/n360s_5 for Norton 360 standard and www.norton.com/n360p_5 for Norton Premier program and download the program directly.

Thanks & Regards

Contributor
rob73

Still no success!

Contributor

Hi,

When you go to the above mentioned link you will get a security tab just below the address bar and you need to do a click on that security block and need to select download file.

You can also try the below link:

Download It Here

And if still facing any issues then let me know what excatly happens after you try going to the link.

Thank you