Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
SecondToZero

Re: installing norton 360 on a new computer

dear rob the exact same things are happining to me as well           goes to sign in screen then right back to the product page   i have followed every step the costumer surpot ppl asked      im very upset considering i just reniewd for 2+ years and was charged yet cant use my product    and norton wanted another 150 for phone help

Contributor
rob73

Thanks 113666 and others.

Basically, I used both Mcafee and norton removal tools and started from scratch. I don't know how this worked (as I hadn't thought I'd downloaded any norton product), but it did work!

Thank you for your advice.

Contributor
rob73

secondto zero.

I'm no expert, but it might be worthwhile trying what I did, as mentioned above. It worked for me, although I can't explain it.

Good luck

Trojan Terminator
Andmike

Just a note that SecondToZero has raised his point in another fresh thread which already has three different responses!  So I don't think anyone needs to reply further to it here.

yank
Kudos: 2,229
Solutions: 510

rob73 wrote:

Thanks 113666 and others.

Basically, I used both Mcafee and norton removal tools and started from scratch. I don't know how this worked (as I hadn't thought I'd downloaded any norton product), but it did work!

Thank you for your advice.

It's simple, you followed the normal route for troublesome installs after having a McAfee product on your system.

You originally removed McAfee via add/remove programs (leaving McAFee fragments behind)

You then downloaded and attempted an INstall of N360 - which failed due to the fragments of McAfee

Then you removed those fragments by using the McAFee removal tool

That left the corrupt install of N 360 on your system, which you removed and cleaned up using the NRT, then you install N 360 and hopefully ran liveupdate as many times as necessary for it to respond "no more updates available" and rebooting as instructed.

I have seen this same procedure work many tmies when Comcast switched their free Security program from McAfee to Norton.

That's my story and I am sticking to it!

Contributor

Great Work Rob..!!!

So finally the issue is sorted out for you..!! :smileyhappy:

Sometimes when you get disappointment... it makes you stronger...!!!