Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
redtildead

norton 360 gold

my father in law has bought norton 360 gold and has to go online to download it with a product key but cant find where to do it the only place i can find is to download it and pay but we already paid at currys pc world and just want to activate etc

help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dickevans

Re: norton 360 gold

redtildead wrote:

my father in law has bought norton 360 gold and has to go online to download it with a product key but cant find where to do it the only place i can find is to download it and pay but we already paid at currys pc world and just want to activate etc

Welcome,

You will have to install the product on the computer before you can activate it. The product will ask you for the key as part of the process.

Keep us posted

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
huwyngr
Topics: 1,038
Kudos: 2,842
Solutions: 378

redtildead wrote:

This sounds like a special arrangement with Currys/PCWorld and I'd suggest you contact them if you have a problem in finding where to download it from.

Norton 360 Gold is not too common outside the UK so far as I can see so I don't know if you can download the installer from Norton or not.

Please let us know how you get on and if you are stymied there may be a solution that we don't know about.

Hugh
Contributor
calverleylad

[ Edited ]

Reading my copy of the information supplied inside the 'Gold Card'.

Download and install now by visiting www.norton.com/uk/360gold

On the installation page enter the product key.

Click the 'user license agreement link'

After reading above click agree and install.

Pdf format of user guide www.norton.com/uk/manual

Brian

NB Product key is under scatch off on reverse of card

huwyngr

I just clicked on your link to download and it came up as

http://uk.norton.com/now/en/GB_SITE/pu/images/Promotions/2013/gold/Norton_Gold_LP.html 

and it allowed me to download this file without having to insert any key

N360_20.1.0.24_DIXONS_366_MRF_8079 exe 

so I'm thinking that you can download that (hoping that Dixons and Currys are the same file -- I'm out of touch now with who owns whom in the UK these days.

Install from it and then use the key that you have after installation which should give you immediately a short (7 - 15 day) trial period Then click on Subscribe and you should after a short delay get a line of text appear Have existing Key or words to that effect.

Which is what Dick was saying originally.

If the Currys' key wont activate the downloaded "Dixons" file then let us know.

Hugh
Contributor
calverleylad

To expand on my last post: PC world is owned by Dixons, as such PC world now sell the Gold Edition of Norton 360 via a plastic card attached to an instruction sheet  which tells the purchaser how to install.

I purchased the above just to obtain the key, so just clicked onto 'support' within my 360 main menu to scroll down to entering I have a key.

Success Brian

huwyngr

Glad you resolved it.

Did you download the installed copy from that link you gave or was there a copy of Gold already installed and you wanted the key to renew the subscription?

Just to tidy up my understanding and better help others since we do get these UK queries on installations from those sources.

Hugh
Contributor
calverleylad

The key required for subscription update.

Brian

huwyngr

What I'd call renewal ... so it was an existing Gold installation.

Thanks

Hugh
Contributor
calverleylad

At the time I wanted to purchase 360 license to cover 5 machines (soon to be 6), there was an offer running (half price) so purchased 2 packs. (I do not have a credit card so all transactions are cash)

(For future the 'Gold' is just a marketing symbol used by PC World/Curry to highlight the product)

To the best of my knowledge there is no difference between the standard 360 product and the 'Gold' badged 360, other than advertising.

Brian