08-16-2012 09:08 AM
when i turned my computer on i got a message from norton that it was running a virus and spyware definitions update then it came up that it hadnt worked and that there were 4 problems to fix so i clicked fix and it all failed, norton suggested i deinstall and reinstall norton so i did and now when i reinstall it a blue screen comes up asking me to restart my computer and if the screen comes up again there is a problem and this just repeats.
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-17-2012 03:27 AM
please try this method:
1. Restart your PC
2. Before the Windows logo press F8 until you see a list
3. Select Safe Mode, and hit enter
4. When Windows is loaded, remove the Norton product with it's uninstaller application
5. Restart the machine (it should now load normally, without a blue screen error)
6. Download latest Norton 360 installer (only the edition you bought):
- www.norton.com/n360s_6 Standard with 2GB Online Storage
- www.norton.com/n360p_6 Premier with 25GB Online Storage
- for other languages please go to the Norton Update Center and select manual product selectoion + change the language on the site's top: www.norton.com/nuc
7. Download Norton Removal Tool: www.norton.com/nrt
8. Reboot again into Safe Mode
9. Run the Norton Removal Tool, reboot into Safe mode again (repeat it 2-3 times)
10. Boot into Normal mode
11. Install Norton 360 version 6 with the previously downloaded installer
12. Activate Norton 360 version 6
13. Run Live Update until you get no new updates
14. Restore your Identity Safe data (Settings ->Identity Protection -> Restore)
You can check how the Norton Removal Tool works in this video.
Let us know the results.
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 Hungarian, Norton 360 v126.96.36.199, Norton Utilities 16