Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
sunfire72

norton 360 uninstall

I am attempting to uninstall 360 v4.0.  I do not intend to install another norton product.  the last time I attempted this I selected the option "please remove all......." and it corrupted my O/S.  please advise which of the two options I should use.

thanks,

sunfire72

dickevans

Re: norton 360 uninstall

sunfire72 wrote:

I am attempting to uninstall 360 v4.0.  I do not intend to install another norton product.  the last time I attempted this I selected the option "please remove all......." and it corrupted my O/S.  please advise which of the two options I should use.

thanks,

sunfire72

Welcome,

the 'please remove all' should not corrupt your OS. If that happened it might be an indication of another problem.

Let's try to avoid it this time by:

Download the Norton Removal Tool from here: http://www.symantec.com/nrt/

Do the control panel uninstall  and allow it to save your settings - it will not cause a problem.

Run the NRT and reboot. Run it once moree just to be sure.

Install whatever security software you have chosen to run. Nothing Norton should be present to cause you a problem.

We'll be here when you need us. Til then

Stay well and surf safe

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,861
Solutions: 780

Re: norton 360 uninstall

Hi sunfire72,

One issue you may encounter when uninstalling Norton 360 is that your CD/DVD drive may become missing due to the removal of the drivers for the backup software that N360 uses.  If this should happen it is easily fixed using a Microsoft Fix-it tool that is linked to in the following article:

Cannot access CD/DVD after I install or uninstall Norton 360