Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
kishoretsa

norton 360 v6.0 crashes windows 7 Pro with BSOD upon installation

Hi!

today i have installed norton 360 v6.0 on my windows 7 pro x86 PC. It installed correctly but within few seconds of installation completion blue screen of death appears and system shuts down. It boots normally in safe mode. It also boots in normal mode but BSOD appears after boot completion and gain it carshes. The only way is to restore the backed up registry before install of norton. Kindly let me know how to resolve this issue. sfc /scannow shows all system files fine.

I have the mini dump file 112412-65146-01.dmp and WER-78437-0.sysdata.xml file ready with me which i have attached. I am a ardent fan of Norton. I want to have norton only. Please help!

With regards, kishore

dickevans

Re: norton 360 v6.0 crashes windows 7 Pro with BSOD upon installation

kishoretsa wrote:

Hi!

today i have installed norton 360 v6.0 on my windows 7 pro x86 PC. It installed correctly but within few seconds of installation completion blue screen of death appears and system shuts down. It boots normally in safe mode. It also boots in normal mode but BSOD appears after boot completion and gain it carshes. The only way is to restore the backed up registry before install of norton. Kindly let me know how to resolve this issue. sfc /scannow shows all system files fine.

I have the mini dump file 112412-65146-01.dmp and WER-78437-0.sysdata.xml file ready with me which i have attached. I am a ardent fan of Norton. I want to have norton only. Please help!

With regards, kishore

Welcome,
Sorry to hear about the problems. I'm wondering why you are installing the older version of 360. The current version is v20

http://www.norton.com/n360s_20
which you can download via the link. If you have no other Norton products installed I'd recommend you run the Norton Removal Tool

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?lg=english&ct=united+states&do...

to cleqan up your system before trying to install either version again.

Keep us posted

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
kishoretsa

Thanks alot for the prompt response! As advised i am uninstalling this old version and will install the latest one from your link and inform you. By the way my system has win 7 pro with sp1.

with regards,

kishore

dickevans

Hi,

I'm running W7 SP1 x64 on one system with NIS and 360 on the same OS on another system both are v20.

Keep us posted

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
peterweb
Kudos: 1,171
Solutions: 303

Do you now or have you ever had another security program on your computer? If so, you will have to remove it with the removal tool for that program.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.