Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
sstrudeau

"Suspicious Web Page Blocked"

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I run a relatively high traffic site. One of my readers reported Norton is blocking some of our URLs. I'm wondering who I can contact to get more information about why a URL might be blocked so I can fix the root cause?

Example error & URL:

Suspicious Web Page Blocked

You attempted to access: apartmenttherapy.com/ny/good-questions/how-can-we-reclaim-our-60s-modern-from-its-80s-updates-good-questions-090286

For your protection, this web page has been blocked and submitted for review. Visit Symantec to learn more about phishing and internet security.
It is recommended that you do NOT visit this page, however if you know that this web page is safe, you may choose to visit this website anyway

Thanks.

[edit: removed potentialy unsafe links.] 

Message Edited by MikeLee on 07-22-2009 01:47 PM
delphinium
Kudos: 2,955
Solutions: 293

Re: "Suspicious Web Page Blocked"

sstrudeau:

These kinds of links are not suitable for the forum.  If you need to include the urls, they need to be typed out in such a manner that they do not act as a link.  Write dot instead of . when including a link.

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.
Mark Twain
Volunteer
yogesh_mohan

Re: "Suspicious Web Page Blocked"

[ Edited ]

Hi sstrudeau,

Welcome to Norton Community!

Symantec encourage its customers to submit websites misidentified as fraudulent via the web site:

https://submit.symantec.com/antifraud/false_positive.cgi

If a False Positive (FP) or a False Negative (FN) is noted, Symantec Response places that URL on either the "block" or "allow" list for correction. A new Block List is then created by the server and sent to the client via an updated config file (sometimes referred to as Fraud Definitions). A high majority of the time FP’s are corrected within minutes of being reviewed by Security Response. If the Web site has been found legitimate by Symantec, changes will made to the definitions on the LiveUpdate server to recitify this misdentification. Then you can run LiveUpdate to install those updates. .

Yogesh

Message Edited by yogesh_mohan on 07-22-2009 11:35 PM