05-10-2012 12:12 PM
i have 360 v5 installed. Subscription ending soon, bought v6 Premiere on DVD. Is it necessary to Remove old v5 before starting the install process for the new software?
05-10-2012 12:58 PM
Welcome to Norton Community!
It is good to remove the older version before you install new one. Although Norton 360 V6 premier will uninstall your Norton 360 V5 before starting the installation, you can manually uninstall it to make sure that installation completes without any problem.
You may follow these steps once the subscription expires.
1. Download the latest version of Norton 360 Premier V6 from www.norton.com/n360p_6
2. Backup your Identity safe data from Norton 360.
3. Uninstall Norton 360 V5 from Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel. During the uninstall, choose the option to save all the settings.
4. Restart the computer and use the latest installation file to install Norton 360 V6.
5. Use the product key from the CD pack for activation.
6. Run LiveUpdate to receive all the necessary updates, restart the computer and then restore the Identity safe data.
Let us know if you face any further problem with installation.
05-10-2012 03:40 PM
While you are here: One of the questions that comes up from time to time and I don't recollect a clear answer on is whether one can change from say N 360 V6 Standard to N 360 V6 Premier just by entering the key for the Premier version?
Or is it necessary to do an install of the Premier version?
My understanding is that the amount of OnLine Storage is the only difference and so it would seem that just replacing the KEY should do it? If so are any existing (Standard) files left unaffected and still accessible?
05-11-2012 10:19 AM
Yes, it is necessary to uninstall Standard edition & then install Premier edition. The keys are not interchangeable even though the only difference is with the Online Storage Space allocated for each edition.