Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Spyware Scolder
pehhawaiiisland

security history readout

Hello Forum, I have a question:I checked my security history and I found the following:A Program Entered Full Screen Mode,Silent Mode is on....Then the next readout says: A Program Exited Full Screen Mode, Silent Mode is Off. This process used a minute. I checked and I think I was downloading an attachment using Roadrunner Mail. Other than that, I was using the PC normally. This was done all automatically. My question, what process does this describe? I saw it once before about 2 weeks ago, and the process took 4 minutes. Thanks for any insight, Paul .
Spyware Scolder
pehhawaiiisland

Re: security history readout

I wanted to add that "More Details" was grayed out, so I have no details about what this is. Paul
delphinium
Kudos: 2,966
Solutions: 293

Hi pehhawaiiisland:

All this means is that for a short period of time you opened some program that registered as a full screen application.  When this happens, Norton goes into silent mode automatically, so as not to disturb the application that is running. You also have the ability to manually turn on silent mode if you are gaming.

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.
Mark Twain
Spyware Scolder
pehhawaiiisland

Thank you, I understand now. It did it again, I was downloading a picture file from Wiki. Norton was scanning it and it was cleared of any virus and it went into that silent mode as to not disturb me. Awesome! Paul