Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
Dixienva

usb camera not recognized with recently downloaded norton 360 v3

Hello

I have a Canon Rebel EOS XTi and another Canon digital camera that are not being recognized when the usb cord is plugged into my HP that runs Windows VISTA. I had no problems prior to the update and have ran version 2 of 360 for the past year. I have searched some of the issues/solutions in the threads and nothing has worked so far. Camera is for business use and need a solution fast.

Thanks

Super Spam Squasher
mo

Re: usb camera not recognized with recently downloaded norton 360 v3

Have you run a Fullscan with your new N360v3? Is it working ok? just checking to see if there was no problems with it's install etc and no virus that maybe preventing the USB from working.
Cheers Mo
XP home,SP3
NIS2012
dbrisendine
Kudos: 1,294
Solutions: 263

Some have reported success with uninstalling any software for the USB devices, removing the device from the Window's device manager, booting the system and then re-installing the USB devices.  Can you try or have you tried this?
Win7 x32 SP1
Visitor
Dixienva

The camera's are the type that just loaded a driver once the usb cord from the computer was attached to the camera and turned on. I did remove Norton last night using the steps on the website and downloaded Norton again, ran full scan and the same issues are still there.

I also have the icon for safely remove hardware showing on my Windows toolbar to remove disk C, D, removeable disk E and the USB,

Have never had problems prior to the download

Super Spam Squasher
mo

Re: USB camera not recognized with recently downloaded Norton 360 v3

Hi

Just a thought I have a multi card reader installed on a HP desktop that shows all it's drives on the system tray VIA Remove /safety try clicking on that as in removing the USB safely then reboot and see what's still sitting  there.And try plugging in your Cameras  USB again.

Cheers Mo
XP home,SP3
NIS2012
Volunteer
yogesh_mohan

Check in the Device manager for the drivers when you plug-in the USB camera, and delete the driver for USB cord when you find it. Disconnect the USB camera device, then connect again, and windows should install the drivers again. Check how it works.