Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
snazzzzzz

Re: wireless printer can't connect to my network

I had a similar problem. I resolved it by deleting  the printer from control panel>>printers and then reinstalling and letting windows find it ?   My scenario was driver updating from HP make sure your driver is WIN7. One more thing recycle the the wireless broadcast to factory setting.

BTW Do yourself a favor and secure yourself with a much stronger security code besides WEP, IF, your router supports WPA PERSONAL is much stronger.  Wireless printers are quite simple to hack into (reason to recycle to factory setting) go into your router and set the MAC address into the router's  firewall thats if your router has one   what kind of router is it?  look up the router from its manufacturer to see if it has one or if you know for sure.  

It definately sounds like its the firewall (hardware firewall)  i.e.  router start with that.    You said it works well when wired.

Hope this can help you.

Snazzzzzz

Visitor
jamiedoc

Thanks for the suggestion.  I had already spent a few hours online with HP.  I have also deleted and reinstalled the printer multiple times.  No matter which way I do it, I end up with the same result. 

Visitor
jamiedoc

The interesting thing is that it had no problem installing my Lexmark wireless printer, just the HP.  I'll check the "discover" setting--haven't come across that when I looked at the router setup.  Thanks again for the help, and I'll keep y'all posted!

Spam Squasher
CyberLife

Can you try disabling your Norton Smart Firewall and see whether you can use your printer? If not, uninstall the Norton product and then check whether you can use the printer. This way we can narrow down the problem, we can check whether Norton is causing it.

CyberLife :)
Contributor
snazzzzzz

[ Edited ]

Did u delete the printer AND reboot then plug the USB cable back  letting  windows find it?

Did u also download the driver from HP for ur model/series of ur printer?

Did you recycle the wireless broadcast back to factory setting? If the wireless side had been corrupted and not recycled to factory settings all this effort will be useless.

Finally did u do as Cyberlife suggested so u can pinpoint where your problem might lie?

If your're still having problems, we need to know what you've done so far so we can better help you.

Snazzzzzz

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,794
Solutions: 776

Do you have MAC address filtering enabled in the router and, if so, have you added the printer's MAC address to the list of allowed devices?