05-11-2009 04:13 PM
05-11-2009 10:45 PM
Our present design is NOT to monitor and supervise parent accounts. You can do following to take advantage of OnlineFamily's ability to block Advertisement sites:
1. On Web Portal (https://onlinefamily.norton.com), create a dummy child profile and configure its Web Settings to block only Advertisement category.
2. Associate the dummy child profile you created in step 1 to the machine account you use to login to the PC.
05-13-2009 12:18 AM
You can reassign your machine account to dummy child profile. Please follow the instructions below:
1. Click Norton Safety Minder icon in System Tray
2. Click "Edit Accounts"
3. Provide correct Parent Email address and Parent password and click OK
4. In the window that gets opened, click the button "Change" against your actual profile (present selection)
5. A small window will open up. Select the radio button "Uses these logins:", uncheck presently selected account box and click OK
6. You are back in main window. Click the button "Change" against dummy child profile.
7. In the small window that has opened, select the radio button "Uses these logins:", check the account box and click OK
8. You are back in main window. Click OK
You will see a message "Your settings have been saved. Norton Safety Minder is now retrieving your House Rules." which will disappear automatically in few seconds indicating that reassigning accomplished successfully.