Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Symantec Employee
RDLeo

FireFox Support

We are in the process of posting a patch for the Norton Online Family release we just did last week.  Once we release the new software to the website it takes a few days to prepare the LiveUpdate patch and post it to the public.  Also, we need to ensure there are no issues with the new software. 

We had hoped to do this posting today, but it may be pushed to next week.  In the meantime if you are in dire need of FF 4.01 or FF 5.0 support you can log in and go to Settings. At the bottom of that page is a download link.   Click that link and download the new Norton Safety Minder client to your child's machine and install it over the existing software.  This should download build number 26 which is the build that should have FF support. 

If you have any questions, please let us know. We will get the patch out as soon as possible.

Rhonda

Program Manager Norton Online Family

Visitor
Originalwilbour

Re: FireFox Support

So version 2.2.0.26 needs a patch? Or is it the latest and you are waiting for Live Update to "update"? FYI 2.2.0.26 does not seem to work with FF 5.x

Symantec Employee
Senthil

Hi,

Can you tell me why you think that 2.2.0.26 does not work with firefox 5.x? Can you please check the extensions loaded in firefox by clicking "Tools" on the menu, Select Addons->Extensions.Is Norton Safety Minder 2.2.0.26 listed there?

Thanks,

Senthil

Visitor
Originalwilbour

Well, the extension looks valid for FF 5.x but I am not getting any feedback on the web monitor interface for my children's activity. When I called home the "Paw" icon is not in the tasks bar. It was running yesterday when I re-installed it for the 7th time and again it was running after I shut down the computer and restarted it. When my son turned on the computer he said it was not running and he did nothing to turn it off. Unfortunately if I could believe him I would not need this sort of monitoring software.

Visitor
Originalwilbour

Today is see this:

"The Norton Safety Minder service is not running. This could be caused by a problem with the program, or else a user might have shut down the Norton Safety Minder service. Please restart the computer. "

How does this happen? Are my kids turning off this feature?

Visitor
Originalwilbour

Seems to be fine now.

Administrator
KatieQ

Thanks for the update.

Thanks,

Katie

vowels

You have provided great information. I like this post. I have read it & its quite interesting..!!

Contributor
Solidac

Looks like we need another update since Firefox 7 has now been released.

NSF in FF7

Administrator
KatieQ

Hi Solidac,

Thanks for reporting this to us.  We are checking into the issue.

Thanks,

Katie