Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
vicky_71

Re: FireFox Support

Hi

I have the same problem tried to enable from the extension of fire fox no use, reinstalled NOF again still the same

my kids can get into any site even the 8 years old who like to just type words in search to found the meaning of them

I can't uninstall FF as it works better on the kids game sites

any help is welcome

Thanks

Administrator
KatieQ

[ Edited ]

Hi wicky_71,

The latest Norton Safety Minder 2.2.0.38 is compatible with the latest FireFox 7.  The program should work correctly.  If the websites are not being blocked as they should, you probably need to double check to see if the children's online profiles have been associated with their Windows profiles correctly.

For details on setting up accounts correctly, please check out the link below to see if you have followed the steps in the Get Started Help file.  If you have any questions, please let us know.

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20090505112039EN

Thanks,

Katie

Contributor
Solidac

Looks like Firefox 8 will be released in the next 24 hours. Will the latest Norton Safety Minder work with FF8 or will it be broken once again? Especially with the changes to the way third party add-ons will interact with Firefox, I am not too hopeful. Looks like we will once again have to wait a while before a solution is released. Sigh.

Solidac

Administrator
KatieQ

Hi Solidac,

Thanks for the inquiry.  We are checking into this.

Thanks,

Katie

Contributor
Solidac

Hi Katie,

Thanks for checking into that. And just so you know, Firefox 9 is slated to drop on December 20th. A new version of Firefox every 6 weeks.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar

Solidac

Regular Contributor
donna3154

Whew!  Glad I'm not the only one struggling with Firefox!  I'm back on Chrome, as I couldn't even access my mail on FF!!

I know it's another topic, but I wish Adobe would get the bugs out of that darn Flash, before they rush to updates!  I still can't get to my email on FF...am using Chrome. Seems a browser will work for awhile, then crash...then I go to the next browser...same thing after a while!  What a pain!

No complaints about my Norton (knock on wood..lol).  It's that darn browser war..big hurry to get all the bells and whistles, then they are full of bugs!

Contributor
Solidac

NOF-FF8.PNG

Here is the evidence that NSF needs to be updated once again for Firefox.

Solidac

Administrator
KatieQ

Solidac,

Thanks for the image.  The Norton Online Family team is currently working on the issue.

Thanks,

Katie

Contributor
randomname

[ Edited ]

So the obvious lesson for us users is:

every 6 weeks the Norton browser components will stop functioning for a couple of weeks. Count on browser protection for about 60% of the time. Is it enough?

Regular Visitor
JeffGr

Hopefully you are also pointing out to your developers Mozilla's published update schedule and readily-available pre-release builds.  There really is no excuse for your developers to somehow be caught by surprise by each new release.

My subscription is up for renewal in early December.  I'm disabling auto-renewal and am researching alternative products.  I will be switching if Norton doesn't issue a clear statement promising to keep up with browser updates.

-Jeff