Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
hunterslight
Accepted Solution

Safety Minder won't work,or re-install, after IE9

Visitor
hunterslight

Re: Safety Minder won't work,or re-install, after IE9

I'm adding the previous text through Firefox now, as it was deleted, even when using IE9 in compatible version.Maybe I should try installation again with Fitrefox ?

After installing IE9,I found Safety Minder not working-only because my grandson accessed Facebook which I'd blocked,  and on signing in to my account it appeared to be in order.I tried to uninstall Safety Minder, and re-install.All seemed to go well ,including installing Framework, but then it stopped, saying the Framework needs installation first ! Posts on this forum said there's a problem with IE9I so I then tried again, using the compatible version of IE9. This time, after uninstalling previous files, and restarting, I got a new error message that "This process is unable to continue because a CD or other media source has been removed or disconnected. " I did try inserting my Internet security CD, but it was ignored. I can get no further, and similar posts don't give the solution.I'm using Vista.

Visitor
hunterslight

Re: Safety Minder won't work,or re-install, after IE9

Solved ! After installing Firefox,I tried again to install Safety Minder, with Firefox, and this time it installed correctly with no problem. I then logged in as my grandson, tried to access Facebook, and was prevented.Solved